Living Among Trash Takes Years Off Life

"Disadvantaged" my ass...

"Regardless of chronological age, people who live in neighborhoods with hig h crime, noise and vandalism are biologically more than a decade older than those who do not, according to a study led by researchers from the Univers ity of Pittsburgh. The findings were published online today in PLOS One."

Link found between neighborhood quality, cellular aging

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Being sour and angry ages you at least as fast.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Sun, 21 Jun 2015 08:29:13 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

You should already be dead for simply being stupid and presumptuous.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 9:26:45 AM UTC+2, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrot e:

high crime, noise and vandalism are biologically more than a decade older t han those who do not, according to a study led by researchers from the Univ ersity of Pittsburgh. The findings were published online today in PLOS One. "

"The Spirit Level"

most_Always_Do_Better

points out that while being poor in a highly unequal society is very bad ne ws, being rich in a highly unequal society still puts you behind even the p oor in more equal societies.

This explains why US life expectancy figures are poor for an advanced indus trial (but highly unequal) country.

Right-wing nitwits hate the book.

ktanks

The "merchants of doubt" seem to have put anthropogenic global warming to o ne side for a bit to go bat for more inequality. No doubt they'll convince John Larkin. He's sweet and gullible, which won't make him live any longer.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

What's the penalty for being AlwayWrong?

Reply to
JW

Lotta rage, AW, lotta rage.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Also being a misogynistic, scatological, angry, decadent, and dim Linux user.

Reply to
krw

No, but it sure pisses you off and that makes me happy :)

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

ote:

h high crime, noise and vandalism are biologically more than a decade older than those who do not, according to a study led by researchers from the Un iversity of Pittsburgh. The findings were published online today in PLOS On e."

Almost_Always_Do_Better

news, being rich in a highly unequal society still puts you behind even the poor in more equal societies.

ustrial (but highly unequal) country.

inktanks

one side for a bit to go bat for more inequality. No doubt they'll convinc e John Larkin. He's sweet and gullible, which won't make him live any longe r.

The sample cohort was in Amsterdam:

"Working with researchers from Amsterdam, the team examined telomere length in white blood cells of 2,902 Dutch individuals participating in the Nethe rlands Study of Depression and Anxiety and determined the quality of the ne ighborhoods in which they resided using measures of perceived neighborhood disorder, fear of crime and noise."

The main thing is all that chaos and disorder in their lives.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I ignore him and he's obsessed with me. So weird.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 13:22:22 -0400, krw Gave us:

The retarded pussy did not like the Caitlyn Jenner remarks.

HE is NOT a woman, you stupid shit.

Here is to hoping your ticker fails *REAL* soon!

An asshole like you so truly deserves such a painful exodus.

Good riddance, dumbfuck.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

ith high crime, noise and vandalism are biologically more than a decade old er than those who do not, according to a study led by researchers from the University of Pittsburgh. The findings were published online today in PLOS One."

d news, being rich in a highly unequal society still puts you behind even t he poor in more equal societies.

ndustrial (but highly unequal) country.

thinktanks

to one side for a bit to go bat for more inequality. No doubt they'll convi nce John Larkin. He's sweet and gullible, which won't make him live any lon ger.

th in white blood cells of 2,902 Dutch individuals participating in the Net herlands Study of Depression and Anxiety and determined the quality of the neighborhoods in which they resided using measures of perceived neighborhoo d disorder, fear of crime and noise."

There's not a lot of chaos and disorder anywhere in the Netherlands. The te am should have done their collecting in the UK, which has a whole lot more.

The US would have provided even richer pickings, but they'd have had troubl e getting insurance cover ...

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

with high crime, noise and vandalism are biologically more than a decade ol der than those who do not, according to a study led by researchers from the University of Pittsburgh. The findings were published online today in PLOS One."

ad news, being rich in a highly unequal society still puts you behind even the poor in more equal societies.

industrial (but highly unequal) country.

-thinktanks

to one side for a bit to go bat for more inequality. No doubt they'll conv ince John Larkin. He's sweet and gullible, which won't make him live any lo nger.

I'm not "obsessed" with you. I just post corrections to your more outrageou sly ill-informed comments - like this one.

You post more comments than anybody else in this usegroup, and a surprising ly high proportion of them are nonsense, so you do attract my attention qui te often.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

That's more than likely just more junk science.

We are in the midst of a New Age in the social and biological sciences, a time when most published (and presumably accepted, cited) research is garbage.

That's great, "cartoon biology."

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 09:55:24 -0400, JW Gave us:

Consider yourself used, Loony.

Bwuahahahahahaha!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

He gets them from ACME. If they are good enough for that coyote, they are good enough for him...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 13:30:44 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell" Gave us:

Oh, looky! The FAT, MOUTHY, rotten toothed BITCH had to chime in, like the retarded f*ck he is.

I am sure your chest gripping exodus is soon to come as well.

Maybe you could call Zimmerman over to rot rage on you.

Bwuahahahahaha!

[...]

solutions-take-shape

And how do you draw that conclusion, you don't have a clue about the state of published research even beginning to approach the breadth of knowledge d escribed in the Forbes article...stick with EDN or whatever.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

solutions-take-shape

like the links.

Its odd though, inadequate reasoning skills not being mentioned there. Also I found as a student that various questions come up during the project tha t one can reasonably answer either way - with detectable results on the dat a. Now I'm trying to remember what those questions were!

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You really don't have prove me right, DimBulb. Everyone here knows it.

You really are that stupid.

Nope. Not going to happen, AlwaysWrong. I haven't been in this shape for twenty years. Hopefully tomorrow I'll lose another drug or two.

You really aren't a nice person, DimBulb. But this is no surprise to anyone here.

Are you leaving DimBulb? Bye!

Reply to
krw