linear CCD help

I got a linear CCD board from a fax machine (the machine was some 10 years old I think) and I'm trying to connect it to a PIC.

The interface seems to be only 3 lines. One line is the analog output (it's buffered with a npn voltage follower) - and I'm guessing the other two lines are clock signals.

I don't know the part number for the CCD chip (obviously) but I found a couple of datasheets for CCDs using two control lines (or so it seems to me)

However, I can't understand that diagram. Is the diagram showing the integration time (controlled by ROG) and at the same time how to clock out the pixels (CLK)? Or else? I thought that to use a CCD first you 'expose' it and then get the data?

Any advice on how to find out which line is which, and whether they are active low or active high? (trial and error I guess?)

TIA P.

Reply to
GiveMeL

Partially answering my own question.

I just realized that the CCD does two things at once. It collects light for the 'current' image and it outputs the data from the 'previous' image...So the timing diagram does make sense now =P

Reply to
GiveMeL