Libre Office Calc Code for AMDF

I wrote a spread sheet some time back to help me visualize the results of an AMDF calculation on some waveforms. It did just what I wanted then. I opened the spread sheet the other day to add a column of AMDF calculations and I don't seem to remember just what I had done.

I copied the formula from another column that is calculating an AMDF and changed the column reference to point to a new signal. But the new calc results are all zero. I see that the formula in the old calculations show curly braces around it {} when I put the cursor on a cell, but when I click to edit it the curly braces are not actually part of the formula. Is this some sort of array computation that I don't remember? What do the curly braces indicate?

Here are the formulas

=SUM(ABS(M$23:M$3056-M23:M3056)) =SUM(ABS(M$23:M$3056-M24:M3057)) . . .

--

Rick
Reply to

Just to be clear, when I place the cursor on the cells (not in edit mode) that contain the formulas that work they look like this.

{=SUM(ABS(F$23:F$3056-F23:F3056))} {=SUM(ABS(F$23:F$3056-F24:F3057))}

When I try to edit them they look like...

=SUM(ABS(F$23:F$3056-F23:F3056)) =SUM(ABS(F$23:F$3056-F24:F3057))

I found some info on array calculations and that seems to be the missing point. I can use the Function Wizard to set any one formula to an array formula, but if I try to do that to more than one at a time it copies the same formula to each. If I try doing a copy by dragging the corner it also sets the formulas the same. If I make two adjacent cells array formulas and try selecting both and copying by dragging the corner, none of the copied cells are array formulas.

I need to do this on 3000 formulas. Obviously I didn't do this one cell at a time when I created this sheet.

--

Rick
Reply to

Nevermind. I finally set two cells as array formulas and copied them to all the others as a copy and paste and it worked. Don't know why dragging the corner didn't work.

--

Rick
Reply to

I think you had to do something like crtl-atl-enter to set array formulae... or shift-ctrl-... whatever...(beentoolong)

Reply to
Johann Klammer

The problem was copying one cell to 3000 cells. The copy didn't work one way, but did work the other.

--

Rick
Reply to