Li Ion battery protection

We have hit a potential problem with Seiko ICs.

We use the S-8232 and S-8241 in quantity and supplies are disrupted by the earthquake.

As a backup I need to design an alternative board using non Seiko ICs.

I know TI have a wide range. Anyone else I should be looking at?

Reply to
Raveninghorde

No help -- just some trouble to borrow:

TI had some factory disruptions, too, and so did a lot of other companies. Before you finalize on something, check to make sure that it's also available and not manufactured by equipment buried under rubble*.

  • "Rubble", in this case, being a relative term -- a fine sifting of dust on the wrong machine would pretty much put the line out of commission.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

I know.

Mouser have a useful page listing the problems bby supplier:

Raveninghorde