Letter to EU TAC regarding tin/lead solder exemption

TAC = Technical Adaption Committee set up by the European Commission to help implement RoHS and pass on exemption applications

John Burke is doing a magnificent job and everyone should know about it. This letter to the TAC hasn't been posted yet on . Pass it on. Reprint it. I believe that John Burke's letter will have an impact, come July 1, 2006. It will go down as another demonstration of how individuals who care can influence the course of events.

HM

--- John Burke wrote:

> From: "John Burke" >> To: "Harvey Miller" , >> "Joe Fjelstad" >> Subject: FW: Letter to EU TAC committee >> Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:43:08 -0700 >> >> Guys this went out individually addressed to each member of the TAC this >> evening. >> >> >> >> John >> >> >> >> >> >> Dear EU TAC member, >> >> >> >> I am writing to you for a number of reasons - all of which concern the >> environment. >> >> >> >> Firstly I would like to congratulate you on the results achieved in >> tackling >> the job of Technical Adaptation Committee - to have discussed so many >> times >> the very substance of the RoHS legislation and worked through with the >> technical consultants the reality of implementing this kind of >> environmental >> legislation is outstanding. >> >> >> >> You have made incredible headway given the budgetary constraints and the >> lack of original research funding for the task. >> >> >> >> And it is on this last point that I am mainly concerned in writing to >> you. >> In October 2004 an application was submitted presented to the TAC by RM >> Sommer Consulting Ltd who stated that: >> >> >>

> [...]
Robert Baer