LED clock?

I need to build a board with 7-segment LED clock (hh/mm/ss) it is very important to have seconds and power suplay is 12V in car

Does anyone have a circuit for this?

Thanks!

Reply to
hiroc

A clock is a bad project as it will never be sufficiently accurate.

Rene

*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***
Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Guaranteed accuracy of a couple minutes a year should be achievable using an off-the-shelf TCXO. Doing firmware compensation on a

32.768kHz oscillator would be more fun, though.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Not accurate enough for what?

For the OP, try Googling on 'led clock circuit', or just cruise over to:

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Whoops, meant to mention - use the 12V supply instead of the transformer and IIRC (without checking....) there's a clock circuit for 50 or 60 Hz on that site as well.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

The availability of the 50Hz signal may be an issue in a car.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

As clock. The only clock I can trust to have accurate time is my battery operated radiocontrolled one. Every other, be in the car or wherever is suddenly off by a minute or so and the railway or the bus is gone.

Rene

***
Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

I need to adjust time!

Reply to
hiroc

And that should worry the OP (or anyone else) for what reason? Oddly enough, clocks other than your one special battery powered, 'radiocontrolled' one have worked just Jim-Dandy for a few years now.

'Suddenly' off by a minute sounds like operator error. Buses and trains running on time sounds like Nirvana. Or Elton John on a good day.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor