LCD manufacturer

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap supplier of 2x16 LCD, with fashionably blue backlight and reasonable lead times.

A guy running a LCD fab used to post here, but I can't remember his nick name. Anyone remembers? Something starting with lin

Mark

Reply to
TheM

The NewHaven ones are nice.

John

I've been evaluating a 1x8 from Electronic Assembly that has some 2x16 siblings. Off-the-shelf and reasonably priced. PCB-mount flat glass (no metal frame) with separate LED modules -- go without, or pick a color, or go with an RGB backlight. Runs from 3.3 or 5 V. Parallel (4/8) or serial (SPI) interfaces. Can adjust contrast over the wire. 44780-style command set with extensions. Looks pretty good so far. Mouser carries them.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

It would be cheap if you are talking about Ku, Since we are working with the factory directly, they don't sell small qty. Distributors stock and sell small qty, so you have to pay their expenses.

That would be me..

Reply to
linnix

Just found those today. They sell direct, nice practice. The colours on the photos seem a bit wild, probably not realistic.

Mark

Reply to
TheM

Pricey. But convenient for some stuff due to size and pins.

Mark

Reply to
TheM

Pricey. But convenient for some stuff due to size and pins.

Mark

Reply to
TheM

Does 1/2 Ku qualify? :) How about 1 Ku.

Indeed, hi there.

We use maybe 1000 units a year and buy them

200 at a time. I was thinking about going blue and maybe increasing qty to compensate for price increase.

So far I have a price of about 3US$ from HK source that may be unreliable, 5$ for seiko and NewHeaven for roughly 6.9 $

Seems blue is still more expensive than y/g.

Mark

Reply to
TheM

We use a 2x20, blue backlit, and it's really nice. Part number NHD-0220AU-FSW-FTS, $9.36 in small quantity.

John

Thanks for the unit ID, I bet they look a lot better in reality than they do on those photos.

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
TheM

snipped-for-privacy@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

Might be OK, depends on the requirements.

1Ku means buying 1000 units at once.

Blue backlit LEDs are slightly more expensive, but not much more.

Reply to
linnix

agenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

We can make them for around $2 to $3, with $1000 NRE.

Reply to
linnix

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

Yes, I know.

I need something like this:

I'd prefer pin 15 and 16 reversed, but only if there is no extra cost. Its not a big requirement. Its standard size so no re-tooling cost or NRE?

How does one get in touch with you guys? I see no website, just a login page up there.

Mark

Reply to
TheM

snipped-for-privacy@a21g2000yqc.googlegroups.com...

1Z-FSB-GBW-L.pdf

s not

age

Email me (epl) at the domain

Reply to
linnix

Can you produce custom graphics LCDs also? We currently have a product which uses a now obsolete 128x64 white on blue graphics display. We use a custome designed keypad and housing which can't change, but we can redeisgn the board to accept different pinouts/interface etc. Ideally we'd like to use SPI. If you can handle this, please email me with your contact details and we can take this further. Many thanks. JB

jbyrne_AT_dextragroup.co.uk

Reply to
JB

ich

me

can

Yes, we can. We can build custom LCD and OLED with Chips On Glass or Board (FR-4 or FPC). We have parallel and serial (spi, usb and custom) controller chips available.

At the risk of getting spam flooding. My emails are: linnix at live dot com epl at linnix dot com

Reply to
linnix

So I understand, Are all your displays considered custom or do you have standard displays as well.

So a 4x20 display would require a design spec ?

( I do understand that an order of (X)Ku is required )

don

Reply to
don

We can argue for days what are standard displays. For example, the customer orders and builds enough to sell extra in the open market. It would be a standard item provided by the customer. However, the factory is not suppose to sell them to another customer. Some other factories do so, but we don't.

Yes, we keeps customer specs separately.

Reply to
linnix