layout screw up.

and it's screwed to the case. And I bet your boards are better supported than Randomco's lo-fis. Good board support makes all the difference to reliably surviving vibration & knocks.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Right, Ebay is sorta a last resort.

Yeah something like that might work too. I'll have to search see if I can find one with a 'good' pcb to panel spacing.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I like these ones:

They survive the Grad Student Stomp Test--the patch cord breaks but the bulkhead connector is fine. Of course it's mounted to the die-cast aluminum end plate of a Hammond 1457L1201EBK box, and the board hangs off the connector and the mounting rails in the extrusion.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Hmm well in general I don't like multicomp. But the BNC's are in limited space. (~0.65" center to center). so I'd need some small diameter nut like on that one.

From spec sheet: Mechanical, Mating/ unmating 500 cycles. (that gives one pause.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Some genius, not in my employ, decided that these preamps should have male BNC connectors and plug directly onto a pair of male BNCs on a vacuum flange. With no other support. With a big cable out the other end of our box.

When they break, they tend to leave their center pins inside the hermetic BNCs on the vacuum flange.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

There's the branded Amphenol one (which is where Newark gets them, I think) is about a buck more.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

google tells that is a common number for BNC

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Right, I saw the same number on an AMP connector.

GH

Reply to
George Herold