Larkin Gets His Wish

It seems someone in Spain was listening to John Larkin. They did a very ex tensive antibody test of 36,000 randomly selected households and 70,000 peo ple to find only about 5% have been infected. In and around Madrid the inf ection is closer to 10% to 14%. Much less in the rural areas.

So clearly there is no reason to think there is any herd immunity going on.

I hope we can put that idea to bed now. The facts are in, the fat lady has sung.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricky C

extensive antibody test of 36,000 randomly selected households and 70,000 p eople to find only about 5% have been infected. In and around Madrid the i nfection is closer to 10% to 14%. Much less in the rural areas.

The known Covid-19 infections in Spain run at closer to 0.6% - 0.85% if you allow for 30% of infections not getting noticed.

It sounds more like one of those dodgy antibodyy tests that generate lots o f false positives, perhaps by detecting antibodies to the corona virus that generates about a quarter of the cases of the common cold.

n.

as sung.

It's not a particularly reliable fact, but herd immunity does seem to be a long - and fatality heavy - way off.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to