KR Sridar and Bloom Energy's "Bloom Box"

KR Sridhar and Bloom Energy's "Bloom Box"

New type of fuel cell takes in natural gas and ambient Oxygen and produces electricity.

eBay, Google and other major corporations already have units outside their buildings.

He originally designed the gadget to produce Oxygen on Mars, but when NASA rejected it he reversed the process to be a fuel cell.

This thing sounds so good that Greenies and even non Greenies can get excited.

Reply to
Greegor

Read the comments. The watermelons think it runs only on Oxygen :-(

And Stahl says, "NO emissions" ???

Damn! It seems like every con man out there is trying to topple Al Gore from "Top Charlatan" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

I saw the interview, and it is apparently a fuel cel that can take in natural gas, and produce power. I loved the little cube 'reactor', and then the huge box that it went into! Looks like it runs at a pretty high temperature, and needs to have at least the oxygen purified, and probably strips the carbon out of the natural gas...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Yeah, and you do not really care what the watermelons imagine anyway. =20 You just like spouting off about their silliness.

Stahl is another techno-twit. His job is money, nor does he hit 100%. What i care about is price, function, operating costs, and longevity. The article already noted issues with air filters clogging; -> operating=20 costs.

I am going to wait and see on this one. Directly converting chemical=20 energy to electrical energy sidesteps the heat mode with very lossy=20 boilers and turbines. If the reactions are right it may be doable,=20 but proven longevity has NOT been demonstrated.

Reply to
JosephKK

Biggest problem is usually a poisoned catalyst

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax