Control Box

Before I start building one of these, I though I'd see if one existed.

I'm looking for a hand-held, wired (as opposed to radio control) box with two independant axes each with a return to centre and a deadman switch. I think this becomes a human factors issue as much as anything so if I can source an existing box I'd appreciate a pointer.

Robert

Robert Adsett

That might work. Thanks, sometimes the obvious needs to be pointed out.

Robert

Robert Adsett

Check your local RC model shop. Boxes with just the joysticks/switches are sometimes available for flight simulators to train RC novices. Also, a number of cheap RC transmitters might be worth simply taking the radio gear out of. cheaper and easier than building one from scratch.

Reply to
Peter Harrison

The joysticks on those privide an analog signal? That would make them worth looking at.

Robert

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Robert Adsett

Pots are good.

Thanks Robert

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Robert Adsett

Those look interesting. Worth checking out even if they don't work for some reason.

Thanks Robert

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Robert Adsett

The R/C one i have has 4 analog channels, some switches and the interface is USB. Still mice and joysticks looks promising. So does MIDI controllers, though they are digital I/O also.

Reply to
JosephKK