Keithley 590 CV Analyzer (ICS Matrix Software)

Hi , I am performing CV measurements on Keithley 590, using ICs matrix software. I am doing measurements with 1MHz frequency, and 20pf and

200pf capacitance range. I am getting a low frequency CV curve, but I am not getting the high frequency capacitance curve. The device measures the low and high frequency curves simultaneously. When I perform the measurements at 100Mhz even then I dont get the high frequency curve. What could be the possible problem.

I am also doing the IV measurement with Keithley 2361 , In that for high voltages my Ki237 unit is not working. The software is detecting the device, but the voltage is not changing. So I am not getting the IV curve.

Reply to
Power Factor

Hi, It has been a long time since I used the 590. If I remember the 1Mhz was an option? Do you have both freq generator options installed? I also beilive the two frequencies were not independant. (You could only run one frequency at a time) but maybe the software switches between the modes.

Also be carful at 1M with your calibration. (use the cal standards at the end of your cables etc.

Regards, Bart

Reply to
Nitro

The 590 can either measure at 100 kilohertz or 1 Megahertz. That is assuming it has both frequency options installed. Look at the back of the unit, it will have the options listed. We had some that were modified at Keithley for my company. I think they were 100 Kilohertz with a range or two taken out for high speed measurements or something like that. The standard unit was 100 Kilohertz only to the best of my memory.

Reply to
carneyke