Piezoelectric transducer

Hi,

I am a student of ME. I am doing my final year project on piezoelectric in shoes. Piezoelectric is located in shoes, while walking, piezoelectric compressed and it generates an electric signal. this electric signal is stored in capacitor in other words, this electric signal charges a capacitor.

I need a piezoelectri for this application. which type of electric suits? which specifications i need to buy it? do you have any idea , from where i can buy it online?

Thanks.

Regards, Arjav Bavarva.

Reply to
arjav1ec

I recommend you review this article and make your own "organic" transducers using Rochelle Salt.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Cheers, Ed V.

Reply to
EdV

There are Buzzers for a few ct around. I use them as lowcost force sensors and cheap vibration detectors :-) Other lowcost piezos are found in one way cigarette lighters (is this right so?).

But remember: with piezo you will be able to get much voltage but not much power.

Marte

Reply to
Marte Schwarz

skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com...

If you want to generate POWER it might be better to make a capacitor with a compressible insulator - silicone rubber f.ex. & graphite rubber for electrodes - and keep a suitable bias voltage on it. When the capacitor is compressed, it's capacitance will increase and it will "suck" charge from the bias source. When the compression is released, the capacitance decreases and the voltage increases due to energy conservation i.e. power is generated!

I = C * dv/dt

Circuit:

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen