Invitation to join the DSP Group on LinkedIn

Hi,

You=92re invited to join the DSP Group on LinkedIn. Joining will allow you to find and contact other DSP (Digital Signal Processing) members on LinkedIn. The goal of this group is to help members:

  • Reach other members of DSP Community
  • Accelerate careers/business through referrals from DSP Group members
  • Know more than a name =96 view rich professional profiles from fellow DSP Group members
  • Share Articles, technical queries and more related to DSP

Here=92s the link to join:

Hope to see you in the group,

=97 The DSP Group Team

Reply to
Vikram

Hi,

You=92re invited to join the DSP Group on LinkedIn. Joining will allow you to find and contact other DSP (Digital Signal Processing) members on LinkedIn. The goal of this group is to help members:

  • Reach other members of DSP Community
  • Accelerate careers/business through referrals from DSP Group members
  • Know more than a name =96 view rich professional profiles from fellow DSP Group members
  • Share Articles, technical queries and more related to DSP

Here=92s the link to join:

Hope to see you in the group,

=97 The DSP Group Team

Reply to
Vikram

Wierd, everytime I see linkedin I seem to think that it's Link-edlin

must be the font I'm using.

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

My Google scrubber wiped the OP. Anyhow, I don't know what can be better than a real newsgroup to exchange information and hints.

Too late. Now you've shown your age. For anymore who doesn't know what Edlin is or, ahem, can't remember:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

But why would you be linking it? You don't have the source!

(Not that it would be hard to rewrite... or compile as a .COM file, that technically needs no linking at all.)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Anyone ever subscribed to Linkedin? I got several invitations, but it all seems a bit suspicious to me. Just another spam generator or am I wrong?

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

Or Vi. Thank the gods those days have gone.

--
Dirk

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Never have been a PC "expert" , but I used to get Procomm singing when I had to transfer stuff to video editing systems. Still got the 3.5" disk.

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

The sendmail configuration files are the best proof that there have been aliens from outer space on this planet. No human could ever come up with something like that.

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Reply to
Nico Coesel

LinkedIn seems decent enough, although a few people use it for a kind of spamming (people with over 1500 connections and member of every existing group) which somewhat deteriorates the SNR on searches.

Wim

Reply to
wim ton

I would also say 'reasonably respectable'. While one guy did spam me a little he also seriously offered me a job once.

I don't use it much though, a bit complicated. Questions sections are more from marketing/business people who are interested in 'connections'.

May use it more when I lose my current job at the next redundancy/bust!

-- Tony

Reply to
Tony

I looked at it once, it strikes me as a form of do my work (or homework) for me type of site.

Reply to
JosephKK

No spam that I've noticed, in 6yrs. It won't supply anyone's e-mail address. It produces a lower profile than the randomly redistributed threads of use-net. I've not spent any time figuring out what it's basic features can be used for - some are pay-for-use.

It's an iffy method of renewing contacts and keeping in touch with acquaintances, who may be so obliged. Many professionals prefer a zero-profile on the net and still consider the whole thing to be basically hogwash. I sympathize.

RL

Reply to
legg