Linked Group for FPGAs & CPLDs

Hi,

There is a new FPGA Linked in Group.

Joining will allow you to find and contact other FPGA, CPLD members on LinkedIn. The goal of this group is to help members:

-> Reach other members of FPGA & CPLD community

-> Accelerate careers/business through referrals from FPGA Group members

-> Know more than a name =96 view rich professional profiles from fellow FPGA Group members Here=92s the link to join:

Hope to see you in the group,

=97 Vikram

Reply to
vikashrungta

How is your group different from comp.arch.fpga ?

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
Dave Pollum

Dave,

LinkedIn is an interesting community of sorts: each person may place their profile there, ostensibly so they can "network" with others and either get a better job, or get work (if they consult). It is also an insurance policy of sorts if you find yourself in a RIF...

I have been "invited" to join in for one of my daughters, and others I know (in all sorts of different fields, completely unrelated to my field).

Since I have no need to advertise myself (just google "Austin Lesea"), I find it something next to useless (for me).

Being of a totally different generation (the last of the baby boomers), I am not all that excited about any on-line community (I prefer real community, with a good Cabernet, or Pinot Noir).

None the less, this is a sort of 'FaceBook' for people with a professional job (or looking for one).

Just like any other on-line experience, we will see if it is successful or not. My guess? With the price of gas, meeting on-line gets very attractive. Working from home once a week is now something the government is thinking of legislating...(more laws=bad government, I'm afraid. Let the market decide is my view).

Although, I would easily drive 40 miles if a glass of good wine is involved. More if the people are my friends, too.

On a completely different topic, this weekend will be the 44th year of the "Chews Ridge Gang" for ARRL Field Day...wish us luck -- we will need it as most of Northern California is on fire, and still burning (so we may not have access to Chews).

And, upon reflection, my "on the air" community is a lot more fun than the Internet.

Austin

Reply to
austin