Intersesting find w' browsing.

Here is one I like...

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Some toy company used to make such a thing with a hand pump. Rocket shaped plastic "bottles" with fins... probably 25 years ago, when my boys were 8 & 11.

It'd do maybe 200' up into the air.

...Jim Thompson

I think they may still make those. I saw one in some toy store sometime in the last few years. Red, transparent plastic rocket that fastens on to a white, foot long air pump with a blue handle.

I presently have working marshmallow gun: 1 inch bore, breach load, electronic ignitor, shoots about 500 feet depending on how stale your ammo is.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

That sounds like the very thing we had.

Sno-o-o-o-ort !-)

When _I_ was a kid (like 1950 :-) I had an air gun that shot ping-pong balls. Under 20' they stung pretty seriously. My sister certainly didn't like it ;-)

...Jim Thompson

It's a burp gun. My wife recently bought me one. It's fun to shoot at the cats when they try to scratch the upholstery. She won't let me shoot it at the bird.

John

My sister went through a phase of complaining about me getting up for a shit in the middle of the night. Apparently it had something to do with teachers and biology lessons. I think it might have been puberty.

Who was I to argue, I had two of them and they were both bigger than me.

I've learnt my lesson.

These days I am very quiet when I take a shit. I'm also very tidy..... wouldn't want to piss anyone off over breakfast.

Mind you..... it's almost June and that will make 5 months since I last washed my body.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

I get all my best ideas in the shower. Maybe I should write off the soap and water as business expenses.

John

That's what you tell Mrs Larkin so she will pat your botty dry..... Like she wouldn't want to be in there while you have a good idea.

Nice idea, install an executive one in the new building. Got to be tax deductable.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere

Water cannon. When you tire of that, get them declawed and let 'em have fun.

--
  Keith
Reply to

You want I should get you deknobbed so you won't shake your opinion in my face. For sure this would be worth it.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Your wants don't interest me a bit, Robert.

When I live in your hose and scratch at your fur nature, we'll talk. Before that happens, you won't have any DNA capability either.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Park Plastics made the original. Copies are made, but not as well.

I got right into water rocketry after finding others, as well as me, had re-invented it, a few years ago. I even wrote the canonical on-line simulator, and started the Yahoo WR mailing list: . A 660ml or 1.25L pop bottle with the right launcher, fins and nose will approach 500'. The world record is about 3 times that, and carried 2 altimeters and parachutes to prove it. Surprisingly good fun also, though I've moved on now and only use the rockets now to scare crows away :-).

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I had a pile of comic books 3 feet high from the early 60s, including the original X Men. My mother threw the lot out years ago. Would have been worth a fortune now.

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere

I had one one of those when I was a boy, over 40 years ago. My dad probably bought it some time in the late 50s or early 60s. Wish I still had it.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

We had one of those - if you don't pull the trigger all the way, it just loosens the seal and sprays horizontally, primarily on the operator. This can be humorous. :-) The other thing is you have to be very careful not to break off that little nipple on the end of the pump (that pokes through the nozzle while you're pumping) because then the whole thing is useless. )-;

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise