Intermittent USB 'A' connectors

I'm having a lot of problems with intermittent USB 'A' connectors (from one of my usual suppliers) on a prototype PCB, has anyone else experienced this problem? I've changed the connector once, but it's just the same. I've also tried different cables. These connectors are unmarked, but one marked MSH and MCH on another prototype works fine.

Perhaps it's something to do with my assembly technique stressing it in some way, but it seems unlikely. I'll contact the supplier on Monday and see what they say about it.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

It's actually a type 'B'.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

It wasn't the connector! I'd left pin 1 (MCLR/RC3) of the PIC18F2455 unconnected. It would have been OK if I had configured the pin as an I/O, or pulled it up.

Leon

Reply to
Leon