PCB

hi

I am a beginner to PCB design and have a PCB i want to get fabricated as a test . It has both DIP and SMD components. Is there any service that' ll do this for VERY CHEAP. so that even if i screw up it wont hurt.

Also do we have to send the smd components to them or do they buy it on their own.

Thanks

Reply to
Harshit

how abt extrmely small smd components is it possible to solder them ourselves

Harshit

You can solder quite small smd parts yourself but it takes some practice. Using plenty of rework flux paste you can solder many parts by hand. Common packages that have solder points under the package like PLCC are much harder to solder by hand.

We do small runs here using laser cut mylar solder screens, solder paste and a small modified oven for soldering. Depending on the accuracy of the PCB and particular components it's not too difficult. I've found that long thin components like connectors are much more troublesome than ICs with more legs but on all sides.

It may be cheaper if you source your own components. The assembly houses can do it but it's time consuming and can be difficult to get small quantities of some smd parts. I'd expect most assembly houses to offer a one-off or prototype assembly service but it could be quite expensive because they will likely do it by hand.

Regards Paul Bealing

Paul Bealing

as

ll

Reply to
Brett

We use the mylar screens to apply the solder paste. The components are placed and just sit in the paste. The oven pre-heats then solders the boards. If you use fresh paste and get the temperatures and times about right, it works well.

Regards Paul Bealing

Paul Bealing

In Bulgaria? get with the program go to

if want a pcb you can actually use for cheap.

me

OK, where do you get the idea that the Bulgarian boards are unusable ? I've had boards done by them and they were first class (DSPTH, 2 masks + overlay, 10 thou traces and spaces) Lets do a comparison for a small board (up to 6*4 inches approx) PCBExpress Olimex Board $222 29 Int'l shipping $45 8 (not everyone lives in USA) total $267 37 OK PCBExpress supply 2 boards for the money but he did say "A" PCB and I've quoted the cheapest shipping options, but he did want VERY CHEAP. Bulgaria looks good from where I sit. M

Reply to
Mike Diack

Is this comment based on prejudice or ignorance? I've used Olimex many times - their quality is first rate (and I've used many other manufacturers), their response time is excellent, they automatically panelise (and cut) boards if you submit a board that is smaller than their standard size. They are helpful, especially with first timers. They speak perfect English, and use only top-quality board & chemicals (see their web site for details). Further, I know many others who have used them and have yet to find one who is anything but very satisfied with their work. My only regret is they don't do 4-layer or more. They will even take Eagle and other CAD files directly (they provide DRC files for you to use to check your boards), removing the need for you to produce Gerber files & then checking them.

Oh, and they are far and away the cheapest for one-offs I've found.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Deblis

you

as

ll

on

Reply to
me

That comment itself is worth the Nobel prize of stupidity.

Reply to
Guillaume

are

Search&meta=

Go see for yourself...

There are other shipping options and the boards can be at your door in about a week (but it gets more expensive). There are other companies in this region (similar pricing, but not as fully featured) that package all their boards in one big box, ship it to the states via FedEx, and then FedEx distributes it from there. It's cheaper and delivery is about a 3-5 days.

loss)

pcb

fabricated

that'