Insulated tab triacs

** Many triacs etc are sold in packages that have a metal tab internally insulated from the chip.

Eg the BTA41-600B :

Anyone know for sure what the insulation material used is ?

Beryllium oxide ?

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Interesting question, as it appears they've decided BeO isn't all that bad from an RoHS perspective.

Here's at least one counter-example:

Alumina is used as the insulator.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Only the dust from BeO is a problem. In the early '70's I used a lot of it in my hybrid designs. However I had all the sawing done by a house that specialized in that task. ...Jim Thompson