in the 80's

in the 80's.... we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope, and No Cash..

--
MikeK
Reply to

...but we do have change. Believe it!

Reply to
krw

I prefer to Believe the voters will make a Change in November. Remember republicans vote on Tuesday and Democrats vote on Wednesday. MikeK

Reply to
amdx

Even if every Demonicrat did (vote on Wednesdays), Franken would still be in the Senate. Who needs voters when you have ACORN?

Reply to
krw

Yup, just rolled it up and took it to the bank.

Now if only my 401k statement will stop showing: Contributions xxx.xx Gains (xxxxx.xx)

I'd be doing a lot better.

Martin Riddle

I was thinking of a different kind of roll, actually... :)

Reply to
mpm

  1. The looters do not outnumber us. The question is "will we vote?"
1a. Americans, collectively, don't like this, know in their hearts something is terribly wrong. 1b. Even looters don't want to see the government go broke. Especially the looters. That kills their benefits.
  1. The House is possible, the Senate probably not.
  2. Nevada could do us all a favor and can Reid; Arizona needs to retire McCain.

But, once elected can a new House fix this despite Obama? Or merely fight him to a standstill? Probably the latter. But that's a start. The first thing to do when you find yourself in a hole is ... stop digging.

No need. Producers can always win if they have the will. They have the ultimate recourse--they can stop producing.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I'd rate the House as probable. The Senate a long-shot, just because of the numbers. It would take 100% of the toss-ups and maybes. Not likely.

Reid, maybe. McCain, not a chance.

They can defund everything. The question is can they then withstand Obama "shutting down the government" and blaming the Republicans for it, as Clinton did.

That is already happening. It *has* to, but it's not going to be pretty for anyone.

Reply to
krw

Yeah! I've got $0.53 in my bank account! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Cynic

I wish the Libertarians could get some press. The right-wing are anti-choice theocrats who are addicted to war.

They're all happy with guns, but want to legislate or dictate away the rights that the guns are there to protect!

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

When the 401K first came out, I looked into it, and decided, "What kind of numbskull considers 'playing the stock market' to be an 'investment fund?'"

Glad I didn't fall for that scam! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

So now you're broke. Good thinking.

Reply to
krw

be

The party in power wants to dismantle the Constitution, the crucial, key, fruit of the American Revolution, the very wellspring of our freedom, our Magna Carta, the People's guarantee. And they're doing it, massively.

They're seizing people's property. They're seizing people's assets. Last Thursday they came within 3 or 4 votes of effectively outlawing speech by their political opponents.

Elena Kagan thinks Congress can order you to eat three fruits and vegetables a day, constitutionally, under the Commerce clause.

The White House wants to give the FBI unfettered access to your web surfing:

6141.html

So, who's really threatening your liberty?

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Commerce clause? That's so last century.

krw

It's only recently that I understood--by careful study--how good (and timeless) a control system the Constitution was, the checks it keeps on the natures and ambitions of men, and how far we've drifted from it.

Hardly anyone gets that, as demonstrated by that congressman. Sworn to uphold the Constitution, he has no idea what it even says. And he doesn't care, he doesn't understand its importance, that the feedbacks and safeties must not be ignored or the thing goes unstable and rails. I can't say I was much different, but it wasn't my job.

I think it was miso@sushi who pointed out the National Security Letters phenomenon as a Bush outrage. Okay, that's queasy. But Mr. Hope and Change isn't backing down, he's expanding it.

Here's that link again about the White House wanting to give the FBI unfettered access to your web surfing:

806141.html

"The statute as written causes confusion and the potential for unnecessary litigation," Justice Department spokesman Dean Boyd said. "This clarification will not allow the government to obtain or collect new categories of information, but it seeks to clarify what Congress intended when the statute was amended in 1993."

i.e., Congress wrote a law in 1993 intending to track terrorists' web- surfing? Puh-leeze. That's simply the Big Lie. So many other things today are too.

All this talk about enemies and the need to intercept plots is Orwellian, of a different era, and a big mistake. Such paranoid drivel is what we once heard from despots behind the Iron Curtain-- always an emergency, always some outside threat to The People, always justifying some new intrusion against them, or excusing some failure of hope or change. I was there.

Bush threw the door open, and Mr. Obama's pouring through.

This is big stuff--we're not just being spent to China, we're losing our republic.

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

We were taught such things in school. That was before "Heather has Two Mommys" took the place of Civics.

They don't care. They want the world to work they way they want. NOW! They don't care if they have to destroy everything to get their way. The don't understand that they won't, only more suffering.

What about the Top-10 Hit List?

If the 'R's don't take the House in November, it's gone. If they do, it prolongs the agony some.

Reply to
krw

e:

.
.

Well, for instance, I only just appreciated the value and importance of the Electoral College, and only because Massachusetts' end-run got me thinking.

With it, the States keep each other in check. Without it, Boston dictates to North Dakota, and Boston wins every time.

I saw this personally in Chile. Santiago (the capital city) receives all the taxes, yet rules a 3,000-mile country. Santiago takes care of itself--they get all the money. It's great, with roads, transport, skyscrapers--all the modern conveniences. Farther away? Nope. The farther you go, the worse it gets.

This can be fixed.

Example: Missouri voters overwhelmingly reject Obamacare--

We did this. More to come...stay tuned.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

We discussed all that, too.

Yep. It's the United *States*. The 17th Amendment did huge damage to the Constitution and the country.

I don't think it can, after another two years like this one.

Is it meaningful, though. Or is Holder going to sue MO next?

Reply to
krw

e:

rote:

ets.

ng

e...

Two

o the

he

, it

c...

Meaningful? It's a tidal wave.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Obama and his minions haven't been impressed so far.

Reply to
krw