Important step forward in the climate change debate...

I'm sorry to hear ANYONE has such personal problems/attributes. I had some respect for McCain UNTIL I listened to his own words as he supported attacking the Assad regime and essentially wanted to bomb it out of existance. No justification to do such. It is my understanding that there is very little real evidence supporting the claim that Assad used gas on his own people EXCEPT for the US Intelligence supplied satellite photos showing the gas being moved around and simultaneously 'linked' to the gas attacks. With the logic of, "See, the gas is moving around, NOW there's a gas attack! Therefore, Assad did the gas attack." Somehow the intelligence left out that the satellite photos 'just happened to be taken' during the time Assad was moving the gas out of rebel range. So, of course he was moving it around! I won't even go so far as to even hint at the possibility that our own people may have suggested he move these assets just to set Assad up for the photo op.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has yet explained why our foreign policy is such an embarrassment. In one country we have personnel killed and maimed against an enemy out to destroy the US. Yet, in another country we support the same people out to destroy the US. It doesn't take a lot of insight to firmly believe that what is going on, what actions being taken, are NOT based upon attempting to reach the stated goals [like destroying terrorists and enemies of the US], but rather moves us towards 'unstated' goals [like disruption and power control etc etc]. Either these people [intelligence community] are complete idiots, which is difficult to accept, or the path/plan is simply not 'on the table' for us to see.

Change of subject: Is it just me? Isn't the existence of Guantanamo Bay [and other secret 'torture' prisons] paid for by MY tax dollars and supported by MY elected representatives a huge moral embarrassment? Now, the prisons are being moved to China, to gain easier access and to be more 'effective'. Well THAT ought to tie us to our major debt holder tighter than anything else I can imagine. NOT!

Reply to
RobertMacy

More a pair of coupled intentional absurdities.

sorders

mentions that DSM-5 was published May 18, 2013, and got a distinctly skepti cal reaction. There are effective psychiatric drugs, but pretty much all of them don't work for a significant proportion of the patients who fall in t he psychiatric category that the drug is supposed to treat.

Psychiatrists deal with people who can't get along in society, and politici ans lie at the opposite end of that spectrum - many of them seem to be high

-functioning psychopaths, but it takes actual brain damage for this to crea te the kinds of problems that psychiatrists are asked to deal with.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I have a puzzlement. How do you cut some new ass hole into something that is already pure ass hole?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

I think you are being excessively literal here. Jim Thompson's opinion on w hat constitutes the Mad Hatter's Tea Party is somewhat divorced from realit y, and his opinion on what they exist to do - which is actually to exhibit bone-headed right-wing stupidity on the largest possible stage - is equally wide of the mark.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

--
The more livid your outrage, the closer they must be to the mark.
Reply to

be

that

n what constitutes the Mad Hatter's Tea Party is somewhat divorced from rea lity, and his opinion on what they exist to do - which is actually to exhib it bone-headed right-wing stupidity on the largest possible stage - is equa lly wide of the mark.

Your thesaurus is letting you down again. "Livid" essentially means discolo ured, and it's rather difficult to impute colour to a text message.

Or perhaps you have some other theory about the purpose of the Tea Party? I 'd be delighted to hear it. It might be even sillier than Jim's (though it' s hard to surpass "ripping new assholes").

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

: very angry : enraged

Reply to
JW

be

that

n what constitutes the Mad Hatter's Tea Party is somewhat divorced from rea lity, and his opinion on what they exist to do - which is actually to exhib it bone-headed right-wing stupidity on the largest possible stage - is equa lly wide of the mark.

The Tea Party is great--ordinary people, making a difference. We actually spent somewhat fewer borrowed dollars last year thanks to them. Fiscal sanity is our only hope.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

--
Since your grasp of the language is clearly plebeian and your bent
obviously not literary, it's easy to understand why you'd think that

[snip]

I have been vindicated >:-} ...Jim Thompson

yet be able to persuade US psychiatry to redefine sanity once again, and start locking up the Tea Party some place where they'll do less damage to t heir constituents' interests than they do in Congress.

organization called the Tea Party. The Tea Party IS the people, and they're going to cut some new assholes from those pretending to be representing the people.

ng that is already pure ass hole?

n on what constitutes the Mad Hatter's Tea Party is somewhat divorced from reality, and his opinion on what they exist to do - which is actually to ex hibit bone-headed right-wing stupidity on the largest possible stage - is e qually wide of the mark.

oloured, and it's rather difficult to impute colour to a text message.

Curious. I see it as a rather restrained statement. There's no mention of a nything excretory in it, and while "bone-headed" may be seen as an intensif ier of "stupidity" somebody who was livid with rage might had gone for some thing more extreme, such as "terminally bone-headed right-wing stupidity", but that would have been wishful thinking.

? I'd be delighted to hear it.

you for the purpose of launching another of your absurd, self-aggrandizing soliloquies.

Indulging in political discussions with the likes of you and Jim is the ver y opposite of self-aggrandisement. The advice is "don't argue with a fool - people may not be able to tell the difference".

Unexpectedly wise.

"ripping new assholes").

Not one of the high points of American linguistic creativity. It's been use d enough on sed for me to be perfectly familiar with what he meant, but it' s still an inappropriate way to formulate the mission statement of a politi cal movement.

I've yet to be convinced that the Tea Party wasn't set up by a bunch of pol itical satirists who made the mistake of under-egging their pudding.

ncy_to_naked_animals

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

et be able to persuade US psychiatry to redefine sanity once again, and start locking up the Tea Party some place where they'll do less damage to their constituents' interests than they do in Congress.

organization called the Tea Party. The Tea Party IS the people, and they'r e going to cut some new assholes from those pretending to be representing t he people.

g that is already pure ass hole?

on what constitutes the Mad Hatter's Tea Party is somewhat divorced from r eality, and his opinion on what they exist to do - which is actually to exh ibit bone-headed right-wing stupidity on the largest possible stage - is eq ually wide of the mark.

Excessively ordinary people making a bad situation worse. Next time, put yo ur money on some talented people who can make the world work better.

Sadly, your flat-earth economic ideas have nothing to do with financial san ity. Those borrowed dollars are what is keeping your economy afloat while t he damaged inflicted by the sub-prime mortgage crisis works it's way throug h the global economy - unfortunately rather more slowly than it might have done with more enthusiastic pump-priming.

Not that your politically blinkered tunnel vision leaves you in any conditi on to recognise this, along with a bunch of other politically unpalatable r eal-world facts.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

yet be

that

on what constitutes the Mad Hatter's Tea Party is somewhat divorced from reality, and his opinion on what they exist to do - which is actually to exhibit bone-headed right-wing stupidity on the largest possible stage - is equally wide of the mark.

Crickey, how do you manage to be so humorless, Bill? How have you managed to perfect that concentration on your ivory tower views?

?-(

Reply to
josephkk

t be

rganization called the Tea Party. The Tea Party IS the people, and they're going to cut some new assholes from those pretending to be representing th e people.

that is already pure ass hole?

on what constitutes the Mad Hatter's Tea Party is somewhat divorced from re ality, and his opinion on what they exist to do - which is actually to exhi bit bone-headed right-wing stupidity on the largest possible stage - is equ ally wide of the mark.

d to perfect that concentration on your ivory tower views?

I've posted enough comic exaggeration in this thread to sink a battleship, and you are accusing me of being humourless. You own comic antenna would se em to be in need of refurbishment.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Funny thing is, he's really successful pissing off the Americans, and the Germans enjoy him. At least I do. What does that say about Germans and Americans?

--
robert
Reply to

I'm not trying to piss off anybody. My interest is in correcting errors - and right-wing American post a lot of nonsense.

Quite a few American seem to enjoy what I post. None of the right-wing nitwit Americans appreciate what I have to say, perhaps because they re emotionally involved in the nonsense that they post.

Not a lot. Neither group is anything like homogenous. Joerg - as a German resident in the USA - would be a special case.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to