IGBT switching energy

I'm trying to evaluate switching losses for an igbt with a 10uH load...

The datasheet give me the Eon / Eoff with an inductive load of 100uH..

I need to consider the different load? how?

Thanks!

Reply to
Roby

What datasheet?

Reply to
Winfield

Any power IGBT ds give you Eon and Eoff as function of the current. Like this, page 4 :

"W>> I'm trying to evaluate switching losses for an igbt with a 10uH load...

Reply to
Roby

The test circuit inductance is chosen to allow testing at a reasonably low duty cycle without a lot of ripple in the current of the DUT.

It has no effect on switching losses if turn-on and turn-off currents are duplicated, at the voltage specified, in each instance.

In real life, lower inductance suggests higher peak current at turn-off, for the same average collector current - aggravating losses occuring in the current tail portion of the waveform. Adjust your loss calculations accordingly.

RL

Reply to
legg