IC identification help requested

A friend gave me a dead synthesizer (keys broken) and in it I found two socketed ICs:

M112B1 ZC85206P

Both are 40-pin DIP packages. I have learned that the M112B1 is a polyphonic synthesizer chip. I'm curious to find the datasheet for it. The other is a Motorola chip but I'm not sure what it is.

Any help appreciated!

Ron

Reply to
oneelkruns

Ok... not sure why they'd put a zip code on the chip. The chip directory indicates that ZC is a Motorola prefix.

Anyway, the second line reads:

FL GM58607

If that's any help. Again, I'm just curious as to what this chip is.

Ron

Reply to
oneelkruns

A friend gave me a dead synthesizer (keys broken) and in it I found two

** The second one is Motorola's postal code for Phoenix Arizona.

ZC obviously means Zip Code.

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

85206, Note the excess zero removed, gets you Mesa, AZ, but NOT where the "Motorola complex" is located. The Motorola facility is west of Loop 101, 85206 is several miles EAST of Loop 101.

(85026 is in downtown Phoenix, nowhere near any Motorola site.)

Of course the standard question is, "What would Phil Allison know?" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

It's very likely a custom, mask-programmed microcontroller of some kind, and the numbers are house numbers. Ignore the crack about the zip code - Phil's pulling your chain.

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about getting a replacement, unless you call the service department at the place the unit was bought from.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

No it doesn't.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

"Rich Grise"

** Put 850206 in Google.

Comes up with Mesa, Arizona and its proximity to the Motorola complex.

The "ZC" bit was too good to pass up.

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Some raving, nut case pommy spewed:

** Still too dumb cannot spot an obvious typo - I see.

( should be 85206 of course. )

The zip code for Mesa, Arizona - two minutes from the Motorola complex.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

** So you cannot see the word " proximity " in my post ???
** So you cannot see the word " proximity " in my post ???
** In attempting to find some info on the OP's " ZC " number, I put the digits and the word "motorola" into Google.

The first few hits showed the number was the zip code (ie ZC) for a nearby suburb ( Mesa) to Motorola's main facility.

Too complicated piece of co-incidental humour for you to get your pointy head around - Jim ???

Reply to
Phil Allison