HV probe

50 cycles per second at least I would imagine. It's for UK mains testing. :)
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

You never checked that you're running the latest firmware, did you? You brought up the unresponsiveness of the encoders several weeks ago, and I told you that there's a fix for that.

Reply to
JW

The encoder thing is a nuisance, not worth doing an upgrade for. The serious problems are the long startup time, the broken AC triggering, the totally nonfunctional "force trigger", and the less-than-specified bandwidth. And the horrible menus.

I wonder if digital scopes are deriving the trigger from the digitized vertical signal. That would explain how a software bug can mess up the AC trigger coupling.

lunatic fringe electronics

Right. A 5 minute USB based upgrade procedure, and you are too goddamned retarded to perform it or think it is some elaborate process, so you discount the fact that there is new firmware available for the device you use and want to piss and moan about the operation of.

You are truly pathetic.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Tektronix is truly pathetic. Pity, they used to be the best.

lunatic fringe electronics

While I doubt that a firmware upgrade will fix the "horrible menus", some of the other stuff you mention could have been fixed. Why not give it a try? What version are you running?

Reply to
JW