LabJack addition .

I got my hands on a used Labjack, down loaded some basic examples. compiled in VC6, they work.

compile in Delphi xe with a little editing, they work also in Fpc/Lazarus, all work.

However, in each of all, the little test I run montoring one of the inputs, it last for ~ hour or so and loses connection to the Labjack.

This happens to all cases, no matter the language, if I dump the DLL and reload, it then starts working again.

I'll need to dig deeper for something I am over looking.

I am first doing this to insure I have full understanding before including it into a tool I am making for online debugging of automation hardware etc.. I have only implemented a couple of calls from the DLL at this point. Any users of Labjack happen to know if there is a software timer in the DLL(driver) that I need to reset before I go on? This was done on both a Win7 and old W2k, same effect on both, no faults, just stops acc input.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Not that I know of, perhaps it's something wrong with the "used" module? I think there is a labjack forum.. it would probably be better to ask there.

(I had no problems running mine for hours...)

George h.

Reply to
George Herold

That seem to be the issue, the unit had a problem but I corrected it..

I take it out of the case and gave it a little heat in the oven, it has fixed it.

Now I can write a wrapper lib for it to make it native looking to the tool I am making.

Thanks

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

It's always a nice feeling, when something is broke, and you fix it, and you run it for the "first" time again.

Ahh, life is good.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold