How to stop Piracy?

I have never said anyone should be forced to do anything. I'm advocating less government control of the marketplace.

OK!

Anything offered to the public, should be offered to the public.

Is that such a terrible idea?

Yeah, maybe communism isn't so bad after all?

What will your incentive be to make those widgets so damned good? And what will be your incentive to trickle down that wealth so profusely?

Ironic isn't it, that you called me a communist first, and now you are defending it.

The universe is the ultimate free lunch.

And maybe you're right about the markets, but the closer we get to that ideal the better off we all are.

Anyway, thanks again - good luck the markets, in whatever shape they may take - shevek

Reply to
shevek4

Oh. New nym.

Reply to
Rich Grise

My employer delivers a service to about a million end users. They do not like it if the service goes down for whatever reason. Part of my job is to remove potential causes for the service to go down.

Computers break. They can be replaced. With creativity, that can happen very quickly. But is a license is tied to some piece of the hardware (possibly secret what exactly it is tied to) this causes problems.

There should not be any unneeded hard limits. One vendor may choose to bill afterwards... another may just refuse to create user 10000001, and yet another may stop all processing the momment user 10000001 is created. Guess which one gets the business other things being equal?

Thomas

Reply to
Zak

On Sun, 14 May 2006 22:36:29 -0400, krw Gave us:

You're the idiot. Show me where I disclosed something I shouldn't have, you retarded f*ck!

What an idiot is right. YOU are that idiot.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 14 May 2006 22:37:20 -0400, krw Gave us:

You're an idiot, and I knew that it would go right over your head, chumpley. Yoiu stood around the campfire too long, boy.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On 14 May 2006 23:58:15 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Gave us:

What you are is an abject idiot.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Mon, 15 May 2006 21:38:23 +0200, Zak Gave us:

Blaming a downed service on a dongle is about as retarded as you claiming to know what you are doing.

AGAIN, the MTBF on a dongle is higher than ANY other component in the computer system.

Get a clue, little boy.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On 9 May 2006 02:34:10 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Gave us:

That is where you are being an idiot. Designing a delivery package that has protections built into it has NOTHING to do with copyrighting the product to begin with.

This is where you further the proof of your stupidity.

They will NOT be hacked... at all... ever.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

government.

must be

the

national

design

Obviously not working on NSA gear.

Reply to
Richard Henry

[....]

I have seen dongles fail, but there is nothing preventing the user from investing in an extra seat, just as they can have a couple of extra PCs as spares. With FedX, most companies agree to put a new one in your hands in

2 days.

As both a writer and user of software, I only use software that is paid for. If the cost of a tool is more than it will make/save me, I do without it.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Nope, new system (can't remember how I have them set up when I add another).

If you had the first _clue_ how to set up a killfile you wouldn't need to keep advertising your ignorance.

OTOH, Grease and DimBulb make such a lovely couple.

--
  Keith
Reply to

On Tue, 16 May 2006 06:41:46 -0700, "Richard Henry" Gave us:

Yes, I am, dumbass.

The NSA just got done approving our IP encryptors, among other products. We are the glue that holds the communications realm of this great nations defenses together.

STILL I have disclosed NOTHING that is not already public information.

You are both f***ed in the head.

Obviously, you don't know a goddamned thing about it.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 16 May 2006 10:22:53 -0400, Keith Gave us:

Said the retarded f*ck that STILL has yet to offer anything to ANY of these technical groups.

Yeah... you rank... sure. So much the stench makes me barf.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

--
Loose lips sink ships, and now the whole world knows that you may
know where the scuttle valve lies.

Sometimes, if there\'s no need to know, you say it best when you say
nothing at all...
Reply to
John Fields

Yes you certainly are, dumbass.

You wouldn't be braging if you knew jack. Those who brag have nothing to brag about, Dimbulb.

No, you're the f***ed one.

We *ALL* know you.

--
  Keith
Reply to

You wouldn't know it if it bit your ass because Greas is already up there, girl.

I understand. Try showering, dimbulb.

--
  Keith
Reply to

On Wed, 17 May 2006 22:32:30 -0400, Keith Gave us:

It was not bragging, you retarded f*ck.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 17 May 2006 22:32:30 -0400, Keith Gave us:

No... you do not.

And you, in particular, do not know a goddamned thing about anything.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 17 May 2006 22:34:20 -0400, Keith Gave us:

Is that all you can come up with, old fart?

Pretty f****ng sad, you are.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 17 May 2006 18:03:42 -0500, John Fields Gave us:

I didn't tell anybody anything, therefore nobody knows anything.

Me mentioning that I perform under a DOD contract is NOT going to cause any alarms to sound anywhere, much less sink any ships.

Therefore my lip are not loose, and no ships or any other assets are going to be compromised.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs