How to get more bandwidth?

Hello,

Thanks for all answers

I have to say that the replays are varied and I don't have much time at the moment so I will read them correctly tomorrow. But I should say that there is no worry about the receiver( I need to build a proper transmitter which could be able to work at human hearing range). I should say it seems there is no problem using VSB too, because we can get a reasonable bandwidth rather than DSB...

Thanks

P.s no digita not FPGA..

Reply to
Adam

"John Woodgate"

** So easy in fact, even I managed to design one.

See ABSE for "20kHz Outphaser Schem ".

( Shame Adam the Google Groper will not be able)

U1 and U2 = TL074

Rs and Cs = 1% tolerance ( excepting C1)

Phase offset ( R68 -R69) = 90 degrees +/- 2 degrees, 18 Hz to 21 kHz.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

What is ABSE, please? I would like a look at this schematic if that's possible.

Reply to
Don Foreman

"Don Foreman"

** A usenet group:

" alt.binaries.schematics.electronic "

Unfortunately, some news severs do not include binary groups their list.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

E4440A or similar with a TG.

Regards Ian

;-)

Reply to
Ian

Phil Allison =D9=86=D9=88=D8=B4=D8=AA=D9=87 =D8=A7=D8=B3=D8=AA:

th

z=2E

Hey Man, where is IT? I spend 1 houre to find it but with no success?

Reply to
Adam

Don Foreman =D9=86=D9=88=D8=B4=D8=AA=D9=87 =D8=A7=D8=B3=D8=AA:

ith

Hz.

"Don Foreman ""

could you find the circuit?

The widest band Hilbert I have seen( using Op amps as a Hilber filter) is 5kHz, so I am too eager to see the new circuit Phil is talking about

Reply to
Adam

In message , dated Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Adam writes

It's ABSE-NT. Unfortunately, a lot of graphics sent to ABSE never make it. I suspect that some text has to be present in the article, otherwise some servers won't relay it.

This means that if you have your software set to automatically split the article into two or more parts, only one or some will come through.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

In message , dated Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Adam writes

It's only a matter of adding as many all-pass filter sections as you need to meet the accuracy of the quadrature relationship. One insidious error is to require extreme precision, which multiplies the number of sections. 1 degree error causes the unwanted sideband **at that frequency** to be suppressed by approximately 35 dB instead of infinitely.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

But it's not there.

Phil, can you please put it on a web page and give us the URL?

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

"John Woodgate"

** Well - it actually IS there and a poster called "Joel Kolstad" has replied.
** Would if I could.

I will repost it to ABSE now, for luck.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I see what looks like a scanned schematic with the bottom half, and some offpage connections, missing. Could you please repost with the whole thing shown?

John

"John Larkin"

** The " whole thing " is shown.

A complete, full audio band, 90 degree outphaser.

I'll let you just guess the rest.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

In message , dated Wed, 30 Aug 2006, John Woodgate writes

OK, no need; it's arrive now. Here, at least.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

What I'm guessing is that it was scanned from a magazine.

John

I did, thanks.

It's straightforward. This approach was first documented in a paper many years ago. It was by a guy at Sanders but I can't recall his name just now. I built one back when the 741 was the best opamp available. I think it was within 5 degrees over a decade or so, which was all I needed. I was discriminating between USB and LSB in a Doppler radar intrusion detector to discriminate between approaching targets and receding targets. Got a patent on that, but it was prior to 1976 so it no longer appears in a USPTO search unless one knows the number -- which of course I've long since forgotten. I could probably find it if anyone is interested.

Historic note: the first Heathkit (tube type) FM stereo tuner (early '60s) used a phasing approach. It wasn't very good. The contemporary Dynakit was much better.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Phil Allison =D9=86=D9=88=D8=B4=D8=AA=D9=87 =D8=A7=D8=B3=D8=AA:

Sorry but I could not to find it, I found the usenet but could not to find what you reffered to?! my connection is so slow so at the moment so I can not make more search. Can anyone upload it and put the link here please?

Thanks

Reply to
Adam

r with

1 kHz.

Hi Don Foreman.

?WooW I would like talk to you via Email Please

Did you use "beamforming" for your radar too??

Reply to
Adam