how to get started with spice

greetings gurus

i've been trying for some time now (though admittedly off-and-on) to self-learn basic electronics, and it's painfully clear by now that i have rocks in my head in this respect. what i AM quite good at, though, is mathematics and language learning (including programming languages), so my idea is to try using spice as a way of puzzling out what the books are trying (with so little success) to tell me. to realize this goal i need to find a suitable spice interpreter and some clear directions for doing what i want to do, which is feeding spice-language code to the interpreter and getting the information it returns about the circuit in question. the freeware/demo applications i've looked at so far have extensive graphical interfaces but i can't piece together how to enter code directly or whether that's even possible. any help would be much appreciated.

peace stm

Reply to
Sean McIlroy

You can manually write netlists and run them in most GUI Spices, but I don't see that there is much point in doing that. It will make it much harder to learn electronics. It like having two arms and a leg tied behind your back

Using the GUI lets you try out all sorts of circuits very quickly.

--
Kevin Aylward
SuperSpice

well, can you point me toward a reasonably newbie-friendly spice application? where by newbie-friendliness i mean, roughly, that the simplest things are the most straightforward?

peace stm

Reply to
Sean McIlroy

I did. See signature:-)