Hack for Panasonic cordless phones to get faster intercom?

Hello All,

The old ones fell apart so now we have new cordless phones. DECT6.0 types from Panasonic, Model # KX-TG6413. Besides ringers that aren't loud enough they work fine, except for a huge bummer: The intercom function.

You have to press some menu button, then key in a 4-key (four!) code sequence just to get into intercom mode, then select which handset you want to call. Totally pathetic. The old phone was easier, one button.

So, does anyone know whether these phones can be hacked into doing a much simpler one-button intercom? Couldn't find anything on the web.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

*PHUT* ;-)

...Jim Thompson

:-)

It was the smallest common denominator phone. It ain't easy to find a phone type where they've done everything right. Probably doesn't exist. But this bug blew me away, how can SW folks be so far out?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

No problem. Install a pic between keyboard and circuitboard. Or get a different phone. Or get off your ass and walk to the room of the person with whom you wish to converse.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Oh yeah :-)

Not that easy. This is one of a few lines that doesn't operate on

2.45GHz, has good range and uses regular AAA NiMH cells.

Not that cool if you have to holler across the yard early in the morning when some neighbors are still in bed. I was hoping there is a secret service mode hack to reassign function keys or something, just like the backdoors in some DVD players to get around the stupid region code blocks.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.