How to design a Doomsday Device (tm) ?????

I guess the trick here is to keep the weight of each stool below critical mass?

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Reply to

It has been postulated to be the cause of Spontaneous Human Combustion.

Reply to
PaulCsouls

"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be a giant earth-shattering kaboom. Oh drat!"

Reply to
Ralph Barone

As sure as I am that anything I cut-n-paste from the web is in any way correct.

(cut from: "favorite weapons")

And back to the subject at hand...

Ay, ain't search engines wunnerful? ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

As posted above:

  Keith
Reply to
Keith Williams

Hmm, a web search of "Illudium Q36" gives (among others):

So I'll have to stick to my "As sure as I am that anything I cut-n- paste from the web is in any way correct." statement. Perhaps I should have added, "which is not very". ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

Whatever, it sounds far more effective than Ex-Lax.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Reply to
Paul Burridge

I believe you can find that information in the book "Chuck Amuck"..

Reply to
Dave VanHorn

OK, I'll give you the Illudium, but it still sounds like Q-36. ;-)

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Destroy is such a variable word.

I think a complete resurfacing is probably possible with current technology.

You'll need to set up a plant to make some nuclear warheads. A million megaton yield ones should just about do.

Now, launch these towards Ceres, and detonate each one at the appropriate point, one every 30 seconds for a year.

I suspect the cheapest way would be to do a couple of Jupiter flybys to put it onto an earth impacting orbit.

Smacking Ceres into earth at some 15Km/s or so should liberate on the order of 1000000000000000 megatons.

Actual "blow the earth into little bits" is going to be harder.

Reply to
Ian Stirling