How to design a circuit that protect 7 lithium-ions in series

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 17:56:46 GMT, "Ban" wroth:

Well (so far) I've only seen this one once.

Jim

Reply to
James Meyer

Is that the only protection you need, overvoltage on charging?

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

No,I want overcharge and overdischarge protection. My circuit is ok for over- discharge control,but has some problem with overcharge control. When the battery voltage go up slowly, it can give the right protection,but when the voltage go up very fast, it can not catch it.

Reply to
Qizhang Du

I'm pretty sure that is what the OP meant. He or she just chose the wrong verb (should have been "require," not "give."). But I did have to read the post twice before I came to that conclusion.

[snip]

Yeah. That shut me up, too. ;-)

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

I don't see that any of the monolithic protection products handle anything near 10A, so you will have to go custom anyway. The architecture of these IC's is straightforward, the only tricky part is handling sleep mode and other considerations to minimize battery current drain overhead.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Also though, you can do a _lot_ better than 90% efficiency. With reasonable design, you can easily push past 95%, and on larger switchers, figures over 98% become possible. The idea that 90% is a 'best' figure, at these sorts of currents, needs to be definately put to rest...

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett