How do you guys search Mouser?

Hello Winfield,

Their prices are also quite favorable, I found. Mundane stuff such as Kester 15mil leaded was 25% cheaper than elsewhere. And they often grant good low qty discounts like for 25 pieces.

That is indeed nice. But as John wrote you must know at least one part number and you cannot enter ranges like Digikey allows. Suppose you don't often work with FETs and have no clue as to part numbers (ok, ok, let's just pretend...). Now you need one and you are looking for a FET that is between 0.5 and 5 ohms Rdson and 60 to 100V. With Digikey you highlight those ranges and it shrinks the selection to a manageable size, showing you all the offerings at once.

That's nice. But all us "lab warriors" really care about is whether they have the desired quantity in stock.

I'd prefer the Digikey interface but placed the order anyway :-)

With they'd post their catalogs in HTML instead of the slow PDF. Printed catalogs are ok but they are an environmental burden. Hopefully they have at least cut back on the bleach for the paper. Sometimes I miss the

100% post-consumer paper.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Tim,

That is indeed a major hassle. Mouser crams it into the description. Sometimes. Digikey carries an extra part field for that so you can have it display "only TSSOP".

Had that on a capacitor that I ordered this weekend. The only way to find the right size was by going back to Google and search Mouser from there, as Spehro has suggested.

But I shouldn't complain, at least Mouser has all their parts online. The major hardware stores or even Walmart have "search engines" that are IMHO quite pathetic. You have to actually go to the store for a search and because of slow lines I often don't do that. They could generate so much more revenue if they would tidy up their web sites but it seems they do not understand.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

One place that does understand:

They get it. They got it. Actually, they got just about everything.

You can buy a lot of stuff there, including salt and pepper shakers!

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Hello Tim,

Absolutely, they sure do. It's one of the finest businesses in our country.

Except that they probably will cost you about 10dB more than in the stores. OTOH when your house is flattened by the big one chances are that those shakers come out completely unscathed. Remember the ad about that power supply that survived when a rocket exploded during tests?

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

IIRC it was an F-102 used as a drone testbed. They aimed it at a concrete barrier. Drawing a red circle around their component in the cloud of debris was their Marketing Department at its finest.

Reply to
JeffM

Hello Jeff,

See, both of us remember enough of this ad that we could almost picture it in our heads. Yet is was about 15 years ago. IOW that marketing strategy worked. Well, maybe not quite since I do not remember the company and designed the switchers on my projects myself...

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

country.

No, but I recall magazine ads where some power supply company used to say that one of their modules performed to spec after being through this test:

Richard Henry