HOORAY!!! XR2206 problem SOLVED!!!

That was it. The circuit was just fine. The Tek 2445 scope was set to

50 Ohm input and was screwing up the signal, in effect swamping the little pull down voltage with its 50 Ohm resistance. I switched it to 1 Megohm and everything works great!

On these photos you can see different duty cycles (percentage of positive and negative in every pulse) and the assembled circuit.

You can see how transition from negative to positive -- the wave -- is not quite square. No worry, I hope that the comparator chip will take care of it.

Here are pix of the waveforms and the scope etc.

I will try to do a few things now. One is to assemble a switcher for changing frequency (variable capacitance), being mindful that I cannot allow zero capacitance during switching. I have a 11 position switch for that.

Another is to add a comparator chip, so that I have signal for both the high and low side switches (opposite signal). Should be no big deal. I am extremely happy.

> Ignoramus5533 wrote:

>>> Forgot to ask. How do you read figure 14. Are both pins 10 and 12 >>> grounded? If so, what is the cap connected to. Or is pin 10 connected >>> to ground with an electrolytic cap and pin 12 is grounded? (that's how >>> I would interpret it) >> >> As I read it, pin 10 connects only to a bypass capacitor whose other >> end is grounded. Pin 12 is grounded. > > Before I start... I just had a thought. What if it is the oscilloscope > that is messing it up? That when I connect the scope to the Vcc and > pin 11, there is so little resistance that pin 11 -> Vcc voltage drops > a great deal? > > i >
Reply to
Ignoramus5533