home labs

(I don't have a home lab. I do have a power supply, some test leads, and a DVM/thermocouple, but that's for home projects.)

It's just Simon and me in our shop, and it's walking distance from my house, so when I rented the place (11 years ago now), we moved my home lab there and have continued to improve it. One of these times when we have a quiet few days to re-organize, I'll redo the lab tour, but here's the old one

Some of the pictures are a bit dark, because they were taken with the camera still set to 2 stops underexposure (it's mostly used for doing scope shots and stuff).

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I see a very handsome digital delay generator. And roughly four Boonton c-meters.

Is that my old 11801? "Free to a good home."

Thank you for pointing that out. Most helpful.

(I don't have a home lab. I do have a power supply, some test leads,

Yup, with the now-unobtainium VF display, just for that certain something. We used it most of last week, working on our balky lidar chip. That let us prove that the issue had nothing to do with the trigger vs. enable timing, which was a help. I generated the rest of the timing with a 74HC40103 8-bit counter and a 74HC86 for buffering and optional-inverting.

One of them is an RF millivoltmeter, but there's another 72C cap meter under the bench in the back. Can never have too many. ;)

It's your old 11802, which is still put to good use, and another 11801C, plus about 20 plugins and a couple of the 2-m extender cables to allow the sampling heads to sit on the bench right by the gizmo under test.

Then there's a TDS 694C (10 GSa/s simultaneously on 4 channels, 3 GHz BW), two TDS 784As that started life as 744As, and so on and so forth. A reasonably up-to-date list is at

, and a one-pager for Photonics West last February is at
. We've revamped our product line--I'll post the new HEO page when it's ready. (Right now it just redirects to EOI.) We think it's pretty striking, and in the process we nailed our EMC problems to the floor.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

As of my latest update the main pieces I have are:

Rigol 1102E 100 MHz DSO

Kikusui COS560A 60 MHz analog scope

HP 3478A bench DMM

HP 5334B counter w/ OCXO & 1.2 GHz channel C option

Siglent SDG1032X arbitrary waveform gen

GPS-disciplined 10 MHz reference oscillator

Agilent E3631A triple-output PSU

Assorted switching PSUs

Amprobe LCR55A LCR meter & Amprobe AM-220 handheld DMM

HP 8012B pulse generator

Quick 957DW+ Hot Air Station:

2x Radio Shack 60W digital soldering stations (Designed and manufactured in Taiwan for Radio Shack, a nice iron):

A couple other weird pieces like a Heathkit vacuum tube capacitor checker and NanoVNA portable VNA that don't get a lot of use. I don't do much RF (50 MHz+) work at the moment

Reply to
bitrex