NI box

Interesting, depending on what the software lets you do. Can I make a diode curve, using the power supply and the DVM? Do I have to buy LabView to do advanced stuff?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Usually when you have a multifunction instrument, there is one part of it that does not perform as well as a standalone version.

Martin Riddle

Den tirsdag den 17. juni 2014 21.24.31 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

maybe, it does say "Top 5 Reasons to Automate VirtualBench With LabVIEW " on one of their pages

but I would hope it has something standard like SCPI so you can automate it with any old language that can send and receive ASCII on a tcpip port

I've automated a bunch of Agilent stuff NA,scope,switchbox,PSU,spectrumanalyser from matlab and it is very straight forward

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

That's a lot of capability for the money.

I wouldn't think so, wasn't LabView about talking to third party instruments and do stock data analysis? Yuck.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

One part? Swiss Army knives never work as well as the individual units. This is a general rule. Look at the F-35 if you need an expensive example.

HP made a cheesy modular system years ago along the same theme. Each unit was about 1/10th as good as the "official" stand alone box, at maybe 1/3 the cost.

Reply to
miso