Hints Please (DVD SMPS power supplies)

Well

I would like to know the requirements for DVD SMPS.

What are the constraints?

What I know is they have their power requirements of 50W typically.

The require voltage levels are +12, -12, 3.8 and 5.

Sometimes -24 V is found.

And there are voltage requirements as low as 1.8 V, I think.

What more should I know if I want to design a SMPS for DVD player.

I have already know some links.

What I need now is some straightforward hints.

Regards

Reply to
Myauk

Most likely your output voltages may not swing more than 5%.

Measure the load per low voltage side.

Properbly for motors.

Smps is complex. Consider if you shouldn't just buy a smps module.

Reply to
pbdelete

.> Measure the load per low voltage side.

What is load per low voltage side? I need details on this.

Well complexity draws all my attention to it!

I would like to be the one who designs and sells SMPS modules or I would like to be the one responsible for power supplies while being a part of a team designing a larger system in electronics.

Regards

Reply to
Myauk

Check this site, which seems to be down at the moment:

The owner is an expert in SMPS design. He can't get a job.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Thanks for your comments.

I am not saying that I would do SMPS designs as a stand alone professional, but I would work in Power Electronics Field specializing on Switching Topologies and Power Converters.

I started with UPS systems, inverters, AC relay type voltage regulators, then for now, I am studying SMPS designs, and then I could even go to the design and development of motor drive systems instead; I mean anywhere in Power Electronics Field.

Regards

Reply to
Myauk

I'm not an expert and I don't want a job. SMPS design jobs involve too much up front customer stuff whilst fixing other peoples f*ck ups in the background just to find another one.

The not getting a job thing has something to do with the human resources person slipping in a quick 'Where do you see yourself in five years time?'

Apparently the correct answer is not 'Why, do you fancy a game of Tennis?'

Entries on a postcard please........

Do not let that destroy your dreams though. It's probably just a cultural thing. Oh Shit!!!

DNA

Time for putty... shutdown -h now

Broadcast message from root: The system is going down for system halt NOW!

Maniacal Larfter, suffer baby suffer.

Reply to
Genome

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 02:00:30 +0000, Genome wrote: ...

The proper answer, of course, is "in a position to fire your lame ass."

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
rtngw