dvd circuitry

I have a expensive (dvp series) Philips dvd player that is locked to a specific region.

It is locked so well that none of the hack methods available in the internet will affect the remote, let alone release the code.

If anybody knows unlocking it via the circuitry, please provide.

Thanks.

Steve.

Reply to
steve

if its a philips DVP3020/75 the hack is here

and for a number of dvp models

Reply to
``ZACK``

  1. Open tray
  2. (Press DISPLAY)
  3. Enter 9, 9, 9, 9, 0
  4. Close tray

I tried this with the remote but it will not activate the player.

Reply to
steve

.>Ihave a expensive (dvp series) Philips dvd player that is locked to a

uoted text -

This is getting absurd.

A stupid dvd player is locked to the mnc a

Reply to
steve

...>Ihavea expensive (dvp series) Philips dvd player that is locked to a

tml

quoted text -

----------------------------------------------------------------- I don=92t think that even Philips would have the guts to state something like "The region code may be changed 3 times and cannot be changed again, or maybe even the brains!

As you know, dvd players are pretty commonplace these days, and sometimes pretty cheap too.

This goddamn player was top of line and very expensive (dvp 320x series), so I want to make full use of it before even thinking of another player.

Steve

Reply to
steve

----------------------------------------------------------------- I don?t think that even Philips would have the guts to state something like "The region code may be changed 3 times and cannot be changed again, or maybe even the brains!

As you know, dvd players are pretty commonplace these days, and sometimes pretty cheap too.

This goddamn player was top of line and very expensive (dvp 320x series), so I want to make full use of it before even thinking of another player.

Steve

mine works with a.. Open the disc tray a.. Press SETUP a.. Navigate to the preferences page a.. Enter 138931 a.. Select the region using UP/DOWN a.. Press PLAY

it seems i have to enter the 138931 code to get the page.

try that

Reply to
``ZACK``

or try this one

  • Press 'OPEN / CLOSE' on the front panel or Remote Control.

  • Press 9 9 9 9 (pausing between each)

  • Press 0 for region free (you can enter 1, 2, 3,etc. for different region) - new region message appears.

  • Close Tray

Reply to
``ZACK``

or this

Open tray and press 9,7,3,5. Select region. 0=Multiregion. This is the same hack used on many other Denver DVD players.

Reply to
``ZACK``

it seems the dvd727 uses the same code

Power On the unit and Open the tray Slowly press 9, 9, 9 and then 9 Press 0 for region free Close tray Note: If the above code doesn't work then attempt the same operation with the tray Closed instead

Reply to
``ZACK``