HighFrequency WaveForm Generator

Dear All, I want to generate a SINC with main lobe width=100ns, can anybody help me? Thanks.

Reply to
Kyanzad

Hi Kyanzad,

At that speed you could massively parallel memory chips and read them out round robin with fast low voltage logic. That would be the 'Rolls Royce' solution, meaning expensive. We used to do that with power-hungry ECL but nowadays TI has logic that is much more economical. Or you could crack out the old math books and do an approximation which boils the whole thing down to coarser timing within the reach of regular fast memory chips, plus analog adders (may be doable with plain old resistors and transistors into a current node) followed by a lowpass. The number of coefficients and thus the number of bits will depend on how accurate you require the sinc to be.

If it's image processing do a web search for 'cubic filter'.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg