Highest watt 12V amp IC

Can anyone suggest a few part numbesr for the highest wattage audio amplifier IC's that will run from a 12VDC supply, ie. SLA batteries?

It does not need to be stereo and there are no other critical specifications, except it is not to be running in bridge mode.

Simple is best for this app. I am thinking of one of those minumum external parts things.

The most I could find was 20W per channel into 4ohms.

Thank you,

Steven Kendall

Reply to
Steven Kendall

Absolute maximum possible peak-to-peak power is 144 watts into 4 ohms.

Reply to
Robert Baer

is 144 watts into 4 ohms. Single ended wih a 4=CE=A9 load, ~4W max

Reply to
GPG

"Steven Kendall"

** ??????????

You just a spoil sport ?

** That would * HAVE * be a bridge mode IC - d*****ad.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:28:52 GMT) it happened Robert Baer wrote in :

*without output transformer* As he wants no high quality perhaps throw in some iron, is there a chip that will do 50A current ;-)? If not add some couple of hundred MOSFETS LOL.
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

AFAIR there was a European IC which internally doubles the supply, but I haven't found it in my collection of datasheets.

--
ciao Ban
Apricale, Italy

** Allow the stupid OP produce the type number HE is alluding to -

Cos YOU have no f****ng idea what it is.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

TDA1562

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

"martin griffith"

** That is a * bridge mode* power amp IC that delivers 20 watts continuous into 4ohms.

Yawn.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Cos YOU have no f****ng idea what it is.

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

What's the math behind that? And what is "peak-to-peak power"?

John

Maybe it's really peek-to-peek ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

into 4 ohms.

P = E * E / R or (12V)*(12V)/4ohms) or 144/4 or 36Watts (single-ended).

Reply to
Robert Baer

Lemme see...12V into 4 ohms one way (peak plus for reference) and 12V into 4 ohms the other way (peak minus for reference). Pushing that slightly, that is 24V; P=E*E/R as i vaguely remember - do the math.

Reply to
Robert Baer

It's amazing what you can do with numbers.

John

atts into 4 ohms.

d).

Correct formula but wrong value for E. A 12V source limits the swing to

12volts PEAK to PEAK which is an RMS voltage of 4.2V so max power to 4 ohm load with 12V source is around 4.5 watts RMS power.
Reply to
Lefty

into 4 ohms.

For single-ended non-bridge circuits, yes.

Reply to
Robert Baer

wattage audio

batteries?

critical

mode.

minumum

power is 144 watts into 4 ohms.

(single-ended).

swing to

power to 4

For single-ended non-bridge circuits, yes. .

---------- The maniac solution (without checking some details): Put a switching boost converter on that 12V..and power an Apex Semiconductor PA50..Ratings are 400Watts...40Amps continuous...100Amps peak...per amplifier. Maybe 40000 Watts instantaneous peak power on a 4ohm load!!! :)

More down to earth..See National Semiconductors audio modules.. Also.. Check out the complicated Class D controllers..

I only listen to about 3Watts.

Reply to
D from BC