Highest Voltage IGBT discretes?

Greetings,

Does anyone know of high voltage discrete packaged IGBTs (> 1200V)? I'm talking TO-247 sized footprints. So far I've found only one at

4500V from Powerex: QIS4506001.

Thanks,

JT

Reply to
JT

Only 4.5kV, what are you looking for? To understand the problem with small packages and high voltages, study the creepage issue.

BTW, the QIS4506001 is *NOT* a TO-247 type case. Note that the collector appears only on the tab. Another serious issue, this is a non-isolated package. Most users prefer the manufacturer to incorporate more of the tough isolation issues directly into the package design. Unless your application is low power, you should investigate these offerings. If your application is low power, you can consider using space-saving series-connection techniques.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Hi,

take a look at

Marte

Reply to
Marte Schwarz

I was looking beyond 1200V, not 4500V. Read again. I simply stated the spec on the QIS4506001 because it was one of the few discretes I could find >1200V. I also wrote "sized" like a TO-247. Not "IS" a TO-247. You don't think it's comparable?

Am I really that ambiguous?

The QIS4506001 was developed by Powerex and Diversified Technologies originally as a custom component for the exact application I'm dealing with. I was just looking at other options because the lead time is long.

Reply to
JT

What kind of application is it?

Reply to