unclear on the concept

Dear JOHN LARKIN,

Thank you for renewing your subscription to Lightwave via our online registration process!

The information you provided is as follows:

Email: jjlarkin@(deleted.by.jl).com

If the above information is incorrect, please send correction to customer service as noted below.

Phone: 847-559-7520 (7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST) Email: snipped-for-privacy@omeda.com Mail: Omeda Communications Attn: Customer Service - Lightwave P.O. Box 3279 Northbrook, IL 60065-3279 USA Please do not reply to this email. Direct all questions to customer service as noted above.

Illiterate? write for our free pamphlet, _How to learn how to read and write_!

Keyboard missing: press F1 to continue.

Reply to
Guy Macon

"Sir. The reason I'm calling is to ask you for your phone number."

The blinking cursor writes and, having writ, blinks on.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Lilly Tomlin on 'Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In', "Have I reached the party to whom I'm speaking?"

BTW, my spell checker tried to replace 'Laugh-In' with 'Larkin'.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ROFLOL.

Reply to
Winfield

I see that I'm not the only one who's tried to get help on a network outage from Earthlink tech support. :-)

Reply to
Tom2000

"Oh, you still can't connect? It looks like you need to reinstall internet explorer. You can download it from ..."

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Did you add me to your dictionary?

Actually, "Larkin" is an occupation-derived name, like Baker or Fletcher. It means something like woodsman or groundskeeper.

John

Richard means "brave", and Henry means "ruler".

I don't see any problem with that.

Reply to
Richard Henry

It's one who goes on frivolous or whimsical flights of fancy: "A-larkin' we will go, a-larkin' we will go, heigh-ho, the dairy-o, a-larkin' we will go." ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

I thought Richard was more like "rich in heart". ;-)

Grise (Greiss) is either a very old man with a long beard and very wise, or the stuff that comes out of a grist mill. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You've got to admit it sounds more appealing than A-Grise-ing-we-will go! Well, depending on what you're in to.

John

Yes. All of the regular posters who contribute have been added, with the other extreme added to the 'dim probe' bucket filters.

Interesting. I have no idea what 'Terrell' means, or where it comes from.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I guess if it were pronounced "grease", that could be construed as making some sense in some people's universe. ;-)

Know any songs about the grist mill? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hmm. Mine tries to replace Larkin with Lurking.

Matter cannot be created or destroyed, nor can it be returned without a
receipt.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Apparently Lurkin & Luckin are variations of Larkin.

Consider also John "Scatman" Larkin, the late stuttering jazz singer:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Well, if you look up Hill in an encyclopedia, it turns out to mean "pile of dirt", which is pretty funny too.

John

Extraordinarily good fit ;-)

...Jim Thompson