Help or assistance on scsi modification

Hi all, I don't know if I'm in the proper group so here goes, I have a scsi(in)-scsi(out) OEM interface PCB and what I would like to do since scsi eqmt is getting scarce, I would like to go scsi-usb. There are many scsi-usb cable devices nowadays that can handle this so, I'm thinking, I want to re-design the circuit board design to communicate to USB storage devices instead of scsi storage. I will need some scsi-usb controller chip to handle the communications is there such a thing? I'm guessing the same one that is in those scsi- usb adapter thingys.

any ideas and help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Reply to
spy

spy wrote in news:1190235639.499173.312460 @o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

If you are talking of a USB "device" such as an HDD or a thumb drive, you need a host controller, which will amount to a computer that has a USB host port on one side, and SCSI at the other.

Reply to
Gary Tait