Help making shower spray

Lol. Yeah, selective enough to go somewhere else to eat.

--

Rick
Reply to

Cadbury and Nestle are great in their home markets. Over here, they're made under license by, guess who.

They've recently been going after the mom-and-pop British food importers for trademark infringement, bringing in real Cadbury's. So you can't even special-order it anymore.

Bastards.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

That's not really correct. They are made from fresh milk by innoculating with a bacteria (and/or acidification). The primary purpose of making cheese and yogurt was in part to preserve it. So it is a stretch to call cheese or yogurt "sour milk".

Now buttermilk is a different story. More than enough butyric acid there.

--

Rick
Reply to

That was why I stopped buying LPs back in the early 1980s. The pressing quality of the U.S. editions was generally lousy... I'd have to return one or two or three copies to the store to eventually get one which was tolerable. The "parallel import" LPs of the same titles were quite a bit more expensive... 2x-3x... but the quality of the German and (especially) Japanese pressings was superb.

The U.S. record companies weren't happy about losing their "exclusive territory" license revenue, complained to the Gov, and Customs started exclusing imports of any foreign pressing of an album which had also been licensed to a U.S. manufacturer. Parallel imports became impossible to get.

So, I stopped buying.

Reply to
Dave Platt

So it was all your fault, eh?

--

Rick
Reply to

Then we have a quality control problem on Cadbury's part. Or else Americans just like Hershey chocolate.

Around here, you can buy smuggled-in Mexican Cokes, made with real sugar. Good with rum. Sugar is affordable in Mexico.

I order good chocolate (Ritter Sport, dark Toblers) from Amazon, in bulk. Engineer fuel.

What I really hate about Hershey is that they bought Joseph Schmitt Chocolate, and shut it down.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yup. I had quite a record-buying habit there, and I'm sure that my cessation was directly responsible for the collapse of at least two record companies.

On the other hand, enough high-quality vinyl was saved, to reverse the effects of the OPEC oil embargo. So, I don't feel too bad about it in retrospect.

:-)

Reply to
Dave Platt

In that case, good man!

--

Rick
Reply to

You can buy real Coke here, too, but I don't think it's smuggled. One of the up-scale grocery chains sells it. It's rather expensive (don't remember but it was on the order of $3 per bottle).

We used to get some really good stuff in Vermont (Snowflake). My wife always get some of the sugar-free stuff when we're back there. I'll just eat Hershey's. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Tall glass ones are $1.50 at the taco stand across the street. They have the canned Mexican fruit drinks, too.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Well, this is the other side of the country. ;-)

Reply to
krw