Help finding a part!!!

I'm looking for a simple electronic switch that will relay 120VAC at

60Hz and can be controlled by an external control signal (on/off). It seems like something like this would be standard but I'm having trouble finding it. Any ideas? The less expensive the better.

Thanks.

Reply to
wilk916

--- In the first place, you ought to be asking that kind of question in sci.electronics.basics, and in the second you ought to learn how to use google for other than just posting to newsgroups.

Having said that, what you're looking for is called a "relay" and they're ubiquitous. How much current do you want this "relay" to control, and what kind of a control signal do you want to be able to turn it on and off with?

-- John Fields Professional Circuit Designer

Reply to
John Fields

More info needed. Is this to be used in a home? How much current is being switched? Is the load inductive (motor, etc...)? Google "X10", it may work for you if your criteria fits.

Reply to
scada

Are you switching 120VAC, 60Hz, or do you want to switch 120VAC at 60 times per second?

If the former, use a relay or contactor plus an electrician; if the second we need more info.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor