using a 16f628 instead of a 16f630

Hi!

I have come across this great "POV" project:

which uses a 630. Now I am in India and only have a 628.

how can I make the 628 work?

thanks Suraj

Reply to
suraj

Yes

Reply to
Donald

Read and understand the data sheets, port the code over (shouldn't be very challenging), assemble it using MPLAB, redo the schematic for the extra pins, and Bob's your uncle.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

"suraj" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Well,

Can be done. I've done similar things before and it's not a big challenge. You will need the source of the code, the datasheets of both micros, the MPASM assembler, some programmer able to program your micro and some time to learn how to use them. I expect you'll have to make only some minor changes in the software but working with micros like these is real bitbyting you know. Of course you will have to change the schematic according to the new micro as the pin numbers do not match anymore.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter