help?

   When i open Win7 SeaMonkey 2.49.5 now, i get nothing useful..no list
of newsgroups, or anything else.

   Content list of top bar: File, Edit, View, Go,Message, Tools, Window,
Help     All greyed out.

   Content list of second bar: GetMsgs, Compose, [greyed out]] Reply,

   Content of last bar: View: (pulldownlist)   Greyed out.

   Since i cannot see any newsgroups, posting a response is not of any
use to me.
   Please use email to snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com and give guide how to
restore this blankie.

    Thanks

Re: help?

application data or Appdata
      Mozilla
         seamonkey
            profiles.ini
            Profiles
               abcd5678
               efgh1234  <=== make a new one

You will likely need to edit profiles.ini to get
the new profile added to the list of profiles.
When a new profile hasn't been set up, and you
launch from inside Seamonkey (which you can't do at the
moment), then the profile would be "Default User"
instead of "default".

Then, in Command Prompt

cd Program Files
cd Seamonkey
./seamonkey -P "Default User"     <=== this is the assumed name of the new profile

If you want a sexy name for the profile, edit the profiles.ini.
Here, I'm adding a reference to my new profile. You could even
move the Default=1 down to the second profile here, so that it
starts automatically, without even using Command Prompt.

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/abcd5678.default
Default=1

[Profile1]
Name=TestProfileEFGH1234
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/efgh1234

cd /d C:\Program Files\Seamonkey
./seamonkey.exe -P "TestProfileEFGH1234"     <=== Now am using the new one by name

The idea is, to create a new profile.

You'll need to migrate stuff eventually, like bookmarks.

    Paul

Re: help?
Robert,

Once you get your system running again, you may want to download the
MozBackup (Mozilla Backup) utility. It will save not only your profile
but also other user data (you select which) such as address books,
bookmarks, certificates, cookies, email settings, saved passwords,
emails, and more. MozBackup allows you to easily back up, transfer, or
re-install all the associated scattered user settings and data for
Seamonkey, Firefox, Thunderbird and many other programs in a single
operation. Invaluable for setting up multiple machines to a common
configuration and a lifesaver for recovering a corrupted profile.

Bert

Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering LLC