Helion Energy Raise $500 million (2023 Update)

The first paragraph: "Nov 5 (Reuters) - Helion Energy, a fusion energy tech startup, on Friday said it raised $500 million to build a net positive electrical generator, one that creates more power than it uses."

Dean Hoffman

That has to be the greatest investment opportunity of the last 5,000 years!! ;-)

--

"There are, besides, eternal truths, such as Freedom, Justice, etc., that are common to all states of society. But Communism abolishes eternal truths, it abolishes all religion,and all morality, instead of constituting them on a new basis; it therefore acts in contradiction to all historical experience."

- The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

On a sunny day (Sun, 7 Nov 2021 09:27:25 -0800 (PST)) it happened Dean Hoffman snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Probably sucks as much as their website.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Didn't some giant company, Lockheed or someone, announce a fusion breakthrough a few years ago?

Reply to
jlarkin

Yes, and yes it was Lockheed. I looked up their patents. All pretty gauzy. A colleague who had been a plasma physicist was decidedly unimpressed.

Haven't heard a peep since then.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

It's still just around the corner.

This is from 6 years ago:

I do like the idea of "moonshots", investing in a lot of low-probability expert-disapproved things with possibly giant payoffs. Lockheed can do that without betting the whole company.

This relates to the "stupidity" thread below. Ignore authority. Dare to be stupid.

Reply to
jlarkin

Total scam! All their literature describing their work is 100% obfuscation bullshit. Only a shit-hole country like US allows scammers on this scale to operate so freely. They should be arrested by the local bunco squad, treated very roughly and kept locked up for 45 days.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

You bet. Sell everything you own, lock, stock and barrel and invest in this company. That would be very smart move.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

We should have arrested Tesla, DeForest, Armstrong, and Edison.

Einstein too.

Reply to
jlarkin

If they were making up stuff about their progress, then definitely.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Tesla was going to broadcast electrical power everywhere.

DeForest never understood how the triode works and discouraged people from pumping them to vacuum.

Armstrong's FM system was ridiculed by experts who proved scientifically that it was no better than AM.

We need laws to stop people from investing in unauthorized ideas.

Reply to
jlarkin

On a sunny day (Mon, 08 Nov 2021 08:29:17 -0800) it happened snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Einstein arrested OK, Edison no,, As to the 'fusion things' every so many years some company did some small thing never break even.. Kid can do fusion;

There is that Farnsworh fusor, many have tried:
was on my way to build one, but then was informed break even was a factor of 10^6 away.. so .. Anyways reaching break-even is the objective,, Would be nice, but something tells me we should just use uranium fission while we can, to make sure we survive when all those idiot greens including PreceDent Bytethen who just now wants to cut some more oil pipes destroy what has been build over the ages,

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

When people start freezing in the dark, it might influence their politics.

Reply to
jlarkin

What did Einstein *do* wrong? He was a theorist. OK, a pretty convincing one. You have some pretty weird ideas. Maybe you should be locked up too. (Photons aren't particles? Heresy!)

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

On a sunny day (Mon, 08 Nov 2021 09:45:50 -0800) it happened snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If *everyone* starts freezing it is too late. Fanatism is dangerous, and destroying and then re-building is a business opportunity I am not optimistic.

We could start by locking up Greta Thunberg :-) Oh, and while we are at it: Dr Fauci, death penalty, his 'gain of function experiment' has killed millions it seems.

But the guy who ordered Agent Orange used in Vietnam was never sentenced either I think.

Yesterday did see an interview with the guy who was the 'bomber'in the Hiroshima nuclear bombing. He just followed orders, I know that, he was cool and objective, But a pawn in their game (it probably saved many lives in / ending that war). So nuke the greens? ?

When climate changes due to Milankovich Cycles mass migration will change the landscape

how many will be able to survive when it is too hot and later too cold... We need all the energy, at least the hands on knowhow how to build those various power plants and how to get the resources / fuels, to keep teh species alive, Only way to do that is to keep various types of power plants operating. OTOH dinos are no more either but
some bots could help us, but then again those might serve their own interest first.

Aztec pyramids in Mexico signal to us time

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 08 Nov 2021 19:57:47 +0100) it happened Jeroen Belleman snipped-for-privacy@nospam.please wrote in <smbrvc$1g84$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org>:

We are locked up here again, more heavy anti covid stuff, mouth-caps to prevent you from talking etc etc.. Total madness, why must everybody suffer for the few who have no natural immunity.. And now we have to type of pills already to cure the sick.

Sure photon is just a mathematical construct and OneStone never united graffiti with he rest of the forces. World is very interesting, today I was reading this:

was trying to visualize a neutron extending, and could image it as having a core and orbiting part... Then it occurred to me, we have atoms with electrons orbiting, suns with planets orbiting why not the neutron also being something with something orbiting, and then ever deeper down the same story but orders of magnitude smaller of course (of course ;-) whatever ) .. Well we at least can still have an opinion, the next virus from Fauci lab will target the brain..

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Wow! It's just past a new moon, so that's not it. I wonder if he's off some meds or something. His rantings do tend to happen in bursts.

Reply to
Rick C

Would they then pray for global warming?

Reply to
g_wolf

What they will pray for - and demand - is fuel. "Climate change" might be a couple of degrees C in a hundred years. No fuel might change the temp in your bedroom by 50C or so tonight.

Oh, don't think small; 'climate change' might be a river running dry for a season, that is the source of water for 400 million people, or a small nation that loses most of its land area to ocean rise, or other nonsurvivable, but not unlikely, events.

50C change in my bedroom means I find that old down comforter... not immediately life threatening, and never likely at this latitude.
Reply to
whit3rd