Heatsink, just don't drop it on concrete

Compared to what? Great how?

Aluminum metal is so much more conductive than needed, it doesn't really matter, in terms of board-level heatsinks.

Alumina is perfectly traditional in many products. Must be good for something.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

Because it looks cool? Because it makes things sound better?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

AlN, Al, or any of the usual suspects.

Huh?

We were discussing ceramics.

Reply to
krw

Sound? Like breaking glass?

Reply to
krw

I was thinking about inner microdynamics, or crisp granularity, or holographic sound staging, one of those technical audio terms.

I have a list somewhere.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Ah, "sound" as in the audiophoolery arena.

If you dig it out, I could use it. ;-)

Reply to
krw

From actual audio reviews. Additions are welcome.

lunatic fringe electronics

One does make sense, bass transient response. Some ported speakers were terrible on this point.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I absolutely loved my Acoustic Suspension, sealed cabinet, Scott speakers from 1972. Quite responsive across the range. Had them for decades. The pair ended up as my center channel, before it was all stolen.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It'll be put to good use. Thanks!

Reply to
krw

to clarify they had the amplitude of response at the port frequency, but the rate at which the resonance changed amplitude was excessively slow.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr