heat pumps

Exactly. And that is what the telecoms feared Gore and his 'superhighway' folks were up to.

In this country, yes.

Not in this country.

Or get broadband service in countries where it IS a public utility. Funny. Many of these very countries have much higher rates of broadband penetration than we do. And its cheaper as well.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Procrastinators: The leaders for tomorrow.

[snip]

"cheaper"?? Everything is cheaper in higher-taxed countries, isn't it ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Now all we need is some of that "free" health care.

:)

Reply to
James Beck

Speak for yourself... I'm sticking with what I have ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Yeah, "Free" health care. ;-)

--
Keith
Reply to

Most people i have met or know have a rather worse science education. I am troubled by the poor science ability of many of my fellow engineers.

Reply to
Joseph2k

Back when I worked at Boeing, I got license plates for my Porsche that say 'DV DT'. I was shocked at how many engineers there couldn't figure it out. My mechanic got it, as did a few cops I know. The salesman at the local electronics shop, knowing I was an EE, guessed it was voltage slew rate. I'll give him partial credit for that.

There was one woman I worked with (a contract engineer) that took one look at the plate and said I should have gotten the second derivative of velocity instead.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Procrastinators: The leaders for tomorrow.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Or worse, by politicians who think science and knowledge are dirty words.

Who needs science when you can have wishful thinking? Why pick reality over fairy tales if reality is less pleasant?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

They believe in the Living Dead because they have marched them doen to the polls on election day. They just have to keep them from moaning "Brains...I need brains." That is reserved for the candidates.

Reply to
Richard Henry

What did you do to her? Pinch her butt? ;-)

--
Keith
Reply to

No. Perhaps that's what prompted the comment.

Porsche 928: 0 to c in 2.125 years, 2.435 light-years per mile^3 of gas
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.