Hantek DSO1202B

I found this while looking for USB scopes. It is handheld, but can be used with a PC too. It has a 1 GHz sample rate so 200 MHz bandwidth isn't so difficult a claim to believe. I can't find anyone who has used it though. There is a lot required of the software to make this useable and useful.

Funny, I don't find it on the Hantek site at all.

Opps, the USB interface is the slow version, so it would only be useful for control, not so much for using the PC as the user interface. Still, not a bad device.

I just can't find any reviews.

I realized that the bandwidth/price thing is excess markup. There are a number of units that can be "hacked" to function at the full bandwidth of the higher speed models. That means the scope hardware is the same and the performance is crippled in the slower units via software.

--

Rick
Reply to

Those little pushbutton scopes are a nuisance to use. Get a Rigol or something with a big screen and proper knobs.

Agilent does that nowadays. You can buy a cheap scope and later pay them more money and they will send you the key to unlock more bandwidth.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Is that an order? I don't want a hunk of iron either on my desk or in my bag. My first choice is a USB only scope with the PC as the UI. I am thinking the Hantek might be a good compromise, but it isn't really an umbilical scope.

That shows clearly that there isn't enough competition in the market. If even the overseas vendors are doing it there needs to be more competition.

--

Rick
Reply to

something

It's your money, quite a lot of it in fact. It's not much smaller or lighter than a "real" scope. Actually, it's huge and looks pretty clumsy.

It seems to me like Agilent can't get away with that for long. Rigol has at least reduced the price differential for stuff like this: $319 and 399 now for the 50 and 100 MHz ones.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I dont know, but it's cheaper here.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Looks to me like it will tip over when you push those tiny buttons. And the BNCs are on top, another great way to pull a little on a probe and tip it over.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

BNCs

Geeze, Larkin. I was looking for someone who had experience with this unit. I can look at pictures and guess what it might or might not do.

If it has a decent front end and the UI isn't bad, I can live with the probe connections being on the top.

Do you actually *know* anything about this unit?

--

Rick
Reply to

BNCs

This one? No, it's pretty obscure, and the web site is awful. I have used nonstandard scopes, ones with funny shapes and pushbuttons instead of rotating knobs, and I've found them to be awkward.

If you are really impressed by this one, buy it.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

BNCs

Interesting: some of the Hantek instruments look identical to some of the Rigols, except for panel graphics.

There are a number of Chinese instruments that appear as many rebranded versions.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Boy, you are really obnoxious today. What is with you? No, I take that back. I don't want to hear any more crap from you. If you have nothing to add to the discussion, please just go away.

--

Rick
Reply to

rotating

So it's about 25:1 now that you *will* buy it.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

rotating

I used to think you were mostly badmouthed by many of the others here. But I see what you really are like. You have some sort of pathological need to create drama in your life, or at least here.

Don't pretend that you come here for the technical discussions. We know that is BS.

I think I'm beginning to understand why you have received threats from others in this group. lol

--

Rick
Reply to

rotating

Sorry. I meant 100:1.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

rotating

You really can't control yourself can you? I just can't imagine there isn't someone, somewhere writing a thesis on personality disorders as exhibited on the Internet. If they are, I'm sure they are tuned in here.

--

Rick
Reply to

rotating

Hey, I expressed my technical opinions about that silly combination scope/dvm/purse. You have been the one going personal here.

It's probably a bad scope and a bad DVM. I only buy Fluke DVMs because the cheap ones are too easy to blow up. I can imagine all sorts of fun when the DVM and the scope are the same expensive instrument. I bet all that scope electronics trashes the battery quick, even in DVM mode. Heck, are the DVM inputs isolated from the scope inputs?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

rotating

actually they are, they even have the standard Z inputs.. 1 and 10 megs.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

[snip]

You have correctly evaluated the problem. If everyone would simply not respond/reply to Larkin's posts, the problem will go away. ...Jim Thompson

More cackling. Say something useful about electronics now and then.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I'd get a Rigol. Well actually I did, but I have a Tek boat anchor too.

Incidentally, I don't like the Rigol software interface, but to be fair, I haven't tried to update it in a while. It was a pain to get it working on win 7 64 bit. I was pulling in DLLs and other nonsense to give win 7 the flavor of XP. What I plan on doing is using the XP VM you get with win 7 pro. One of these days.

Reply to
miso

I just grab my camera and take a pic of the screen. That's a lot easier than connecting up a computer or even figuring out the USB save menus. Plus, I can stick a post-it to the side of the screen with notes, and shoot that at the same time.